evil easter mobs

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I just want to know these mobs got past anyone's internal shitty-idea filter in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

AssHat

Grandmaster
Not a fan.

May as well call this "Tamer Month".

Ridiculously overpowered mobs, with shitty loot, nobody wants to bother with. Struggling to grok the "fun factor" here.

so you mean you came up on 1 single mob in game and you couldnt kill it? HEAVEN FORBID!!! you didnt want to go kill the other 10,000 spawning mobs in game? or wait was the challenge to hard?

people need to stop bitching about these mobs, it adds something to the game once and awhile.

i dont get why people cry over something being hard, is that what you do with your job in real life?

but this is just a game so GET OVER IT!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Ehhhh just maybe tone it down so certain holiday mobs dont insta kill... the hard part of mobs shouldnt be their ability to instakill, it should be the fact that while youre farming it, 8 PKs could roll up on you at any moment.

AssHat

Grandmaster
Ehhhh just maybe tone it down so certain holiday mobs dont insta kill... the hard part of mobs shouldnt be their ability to instakill, it should be the fact that while youre farming it, 8 PKs could roll up on you at any moment.

think of certain easter mobs as a arch deamon, harrower, warden, or other mobs that can 1 hit kill you, do you expect to not die from these mobs in 1 hit? do you party up when you try to kill these things? i blame the people trying to kill these things with out the proper tools aka a group!!! the farmer is to blame!!!

MZ3K

Grandmaster
so you mean you came up on 1 single mob in game and you couldnt kill it? HEAVEN FORBID!!! you didnt want to go kill the other 10,000 spawning mobs in game? or wait was the challenge to hard?

people need to stop bitching about these mobs, it adds something to the game once and awhile.

i dont get why people cry over something being hard, is that what you do with your job in real life?

but this is just a game so GET OVER IT!

This is funny. Crying about crying.

(and crying hard at that).

It's a game, yes. People can still criticize it, make suggestions, etc.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Ehhhh the hard part of mobs shouldnt be their ability to instakill, it should be the fact that while youre farming it, 8 PKs could roll up on you at any moment.

Poe's law: it's impossible to distinguish sincerity from irony on the internet.

I'm assuming you're joking, yeah? Otherwise, what's justifying the "should" in that sentence? And how's instadeath by mob different from instadeath by zerg?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Poe's law: it's impossible to distinguish sincerity from irony on the internet.

I'm assuming you're joking, yeah? Otherwise, what's justifying the "should" in that sentence? And how's instadeath by mob different from instadeath by zerg?

Because theres no one spell I can cast that is unhealable/instant death -- if you think its so easy to instakill people with a zerg, start your own.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
I stand by what I said earlier. Which is that I enjoy a really well made chimichanga. This is what we've been talking about right?

MZ3K

Grandmaster
You replied to this question:
And how's instadeath by mob different from instadeath by zerg?

Because theres no one spell I can cast that is unhealable/instant death
No, but there are a number that 15 people can cast that is unhealable/instant death.

You didn't reply to this question.
what's justifying the "should" in that sentence?

So far you've argued:
  1. There should be nothing in UO that is unhealable or that instadeaths players.
  2. Zerg packs of 15 aren't either of those (let's assume that's true).
  3. Unstated conclusion: therefore, it's not the case that there should not be zerg packs on UOF.
Note that (3) is not equivalent to 'there should be zerg packs on UOF'. You've just argued that (1) isn't a reason why there shouldn't be zerg packs on UOF.

That said, by your own statements, that argument fails if a 15-zerg attack is unhealable. I'm sure the math guarantees that , for example, no one can heal through 15 consecutive/simultaneous ebolts.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
You replied to this question:

No, but there are a number that 15 people can cast that is unhealable/instant death.

You didn't reply to this question.

So far you've argued:
  1. There should be nothing in UO that is unhealable or that instadeaths players.
  2. Zerg packs of 15 aren't either of those (let's assume that's true).
  3. Unstated conclusion: therefore, it's not the case that there should not be zerg packs on UOF.
Note that (3) is not equivalent to 'there should be zerg packs on UOF'. You've just argued that there's no reason there shouldn't be zerg packs on UOF.

That said, by your own statements, that argument fails if a 15-zerg attack is unhealable. I'm sure the math guarantees that , for example, no one can heal through 15 consecutive/simultaneous ebolts.

A 15 zerg attack is PVP -- if you let yourself get hit by 15 ebolts youre doing something wrong(i.e. standing still letting people cast on you). I dont see the need for insta kill mobs but its also only a short period of time theyre around so im not pressed over it.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
A 15 zerg attack is PVP.

A 15 zerg attack is PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPVP*.
Fixed.

if you let yourself get hit by 15 ebolts youre doing something wrong(i.e. standing still letting people cast on you).

Was your claim

1. that you should be able to heal through an attack?
or

2. that you should be able to run away?

You can run away from easter mobs. Just recall when you see their name on the screen (which should sound familiar). So it can't be #2.

So, that leaves #1. There's no way anyone player can heal through a 15 person attack. So by your own reasoning, zerging shouldnt be on UOF.

(I didn't argue that, you did).

Young Star

Grandmaster
Easter mobs wouldn't be that bad if they just capped the firebreath. Thats the only thing that gets really old, hoping to get a easter dragon or even a drake to switch to a pet do enough damage to reduce it's power, or provoke onto something else before it shoots.

Alucard

Grandmaster
Easter mobs wouldn't be that bad if they just capped the firebreath. Thats the only thing that gets really old, hoping to get a easter dragon or even a drake to switch to a pet do enough damage to reduce it's power, or provoke onto something else before it shoots.
this is nonsense when I farm with Tamer - Eaaster mobs were killed without any effort... very easy,
but with Dexxer: 7 lvl defenve + 8 Quench + full valorite Armor + Parrying it is useless with 130 dmg from Drake)

I've written many times, I think it would be better to change the math damage on Tamer Pets and TalismanPvMer
on Tamer Pets damage with 130 - ok but on Dexxers let some be near ~ 60 -80

and even with such damage in Destard will not be enough PvP, 2 drakes together make firebreath and gg (which happens very often)
for Tamers already highlighted the whole (Booty)island - let them compete there
Give us back our Destard ;l) where Democracy? let's have a - a referendum =)

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I've written many times, I think it would be better to change the math damage on Tamer Pets and TalismanPvMer
on Tamer Pets damage with 130 - ok but on Dexxers let some be near ~ 60 -80

The game is already contorted with enough 'but not if' conditions. Adding '130 dmg but not if dexxer' would just make it uglier than it is.

If they want to make them more accessible (and they should), they should use universal rules that favor the classes that have a hard time with them.

For example: jack up the melee damage and decrease the firebreath damage.

Then they'd still deal as much damage, but your tali would protect you from a reasonable amount of it.