Enhanced Client yet?!

Promyvia

Apprentice
Just doing my yearly check-in to see if Enhanced Client is supported on UOF yet. :p I noticed the population has increased by like 500+ since I last really played too, very nice. :)

StegcO

Grandmaster
76510640.jpg

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I was extremely disappointed by the character models in the 3D client, some of the monsters look nicer, and some of the fauna but man the 3D models of the characters were horrible..

Young Star

Grandmaster
I agree. The monsters and environment looks really good but they completely dropped the ball on the actual players in the game window and even the paperdoll.

No point in coming back yearly just to see if the enhanced client has been added. THere is absolutely no plan to ever add the enhanced client. From what I have heard, it has a large number of issues with it that take significant resources to mitigate.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
They've stated recently they have no plans due to the amount of development for custom pieces to into 3D they'd have to put in, and with the lack of interest in the 3D client by most, it really wouldn't be worth their time, especially when eppy has a long lists of ideas he could be working on to better the experience for all.

deldalton

Neophyte
There was a recent post by Broadsword that hinted they would be adding more features to the 2D client to improve its functionality. Hopefully, the 2D client will become the "Enhanced Client".

LuposDavalte

Neophyte
The screenshots you've posted are not for the 'enhanced client'.

This screenshot is a bit washed out but its significantly better than the 3D client. I'm not a huge fan of the player art but the paperdoll art looks cool.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mordoc

Master
that looks even worse imo.

ill stick to my old 2d version........any other look just isnt uo to me, its one of the reasons i dont like sallos either.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
why don't they just remake the 2d art with more colors/pixels? is it not possible?

Unfortunately, players have started to customize their art files with different graphics and such because of having an interest in new colours/pixels. For example, explosion potions are something different, then the traditional purple potion; moongates have numbers or different graphics; mounts look different and are more of interest to the specific player; etc...

carolynn

Novice
yes but what I mean is would it be possible to increase the pixel density so that the game looks like something from the 2010s and not the 90s ?