empty plots

RAVE GL

Master
so, how about those?
sitting vacant, empty, nothing built on them... there are dozens.. possibly hundreds.

What is the point of holding onto them if there are real, active players who would use the plot to build something on and contribute to the game?

Got it? Use it. Not using it? Give it up already.
Don't be that douche that pops in once every few weeks to refresh for no reason.

Vorax

Grandmaster
Need to do an empty plot purge lmao, would piss a lot of people off, but I think it would help the real estate.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
Found it annoying to. Maybe a tax of some sort could be implemented for those plots, so it cost money to hold them ?

Vorax

Grandmaster
Found it annoying to. Maybe a tax of some sort could be implemented for those plots, so it cost money to hold them ?
Yea, I've talked about a tax system with a few people, like maybe have a taxation system that only triggers once the house hits fairly the first time, and the cost increases everytime it hits fairly, if the person cannot afford the tax with the gold in their bank, well the house cannot be refreshed. Sounds kinda brutal, could do greatly instead. Just an idea :p

Arton

Neophyte
Yeah, I just spent 2 days running around whole map looking for free spots. The biggest I could find was 13x10 and I felt lucky. Everything taken, and lots of big plots waiting for buyers, or something...
On the other hand I bumped on like 5 people in all this time. Kinda feels like a ghost town out there tbh.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Yeah, I just spent 2 days running around whole map looking for free spots. The biggest I could find was 13x10 and I felt lucky. Everything taken, and lots of big plots waiting for buyers, or something...
On the other hand I bumped on like 5 people in all this time. Kinda feels like a ghost town out there tbh.

its a shame cause a lot of those plots are owned by bunch of sweaty nerds holding onto multiple 18x18's with a vpn just waiting for the house market to shoot up and people to pay mills for an 18x18. What they don't realize that this isn't uoforever and the economy isn't completely fucked

LSDjay

Grandmaster
Yea, I've talked about a tax system with a few people, like maybe have a taxation system that only triggers once the house hits fairly the first time, and the cost increases everytime it hits fairly, if the person cannot afford the tax with the gold in their bank, well the house cannot be refreshed. Sounds kinda brutal, could do greatly instead. Just an idea :p
Havent given this much thought tbh, maybe first house is no tax. 2nd and 3rd house20k each tax every week. Atleast then people wont hold houses for weeks or months waiting for the value go up/.

RAVE GL

Master
here's an idea.

Step 1. Global warning of impending plot deletion
Step 2. Random deletion of empty plots at admin discretion

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Yeah maybe look at when placement dates were and after 3-4 months, admins can set their houses to go IDOC regardless of refreshing at that point. I'm sure admins could have some sort of system that informs them of empty plots that have had no building activity since the day they were placed.

The only problem I foresee is that once people catch wind of this, they'll build a single wall or something so that it won't fall. I dunno. Tricky situation but I agree, empty, unused plots should be eradicated.

Dimok

Master
I haven't saved up enough gold to buy one yet, but I have been looking. Are the empty ones the one with just a foundation? I see quite a few of those if so.

lapj

Journeyman
Yeah, VPN users are the problem. They hold onto house plots, even small ones just because they can. I'd say, look into their account play time. if they only have like 1-2 days and been holding house plots for months then that should raise a red flag. I'm sure there are plenty of them.

I would hate to see a taxation on house ownership. It punishes the rest of us legit players.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
The 9x14 (that could be stretched out at least a tile...) next to me has been vacant and untouched for 2 years. I know the staff fully supports contacting them to knock down plots like this but it feels so shady. Send these people a warning upon login and then blast the plots.

Young Star

Grandmaster
How about this:

Make it so every empty plot cannot be refreshed or has a quick decay. 1 week decay rate. Minimum amount of customized tiles to get normal decay rate. That may not stop all but will look a lot nicer.

Add a quicker decay for any house that goes to greatly X number of times in a given time.

Young Star

Grandmaster
Just to add on. Every time a house goes greatly it speeds up the timer. In order to reset it back to original timer you have to pay gold or keep it no lower then fairly for a given time to "recharge" the decay.

Just thought of another possibility to reset the decay to normal that a player will need to get a high level Carpenter to make a house repair deed with multiple resources. House repair deeds would have a decay timer as well so you couldn't stockpile them.

Lopsang

Master
Another solution is to change the decay rate to speed up or slow down based on how often it's refreshed.

For example every day you don't refresh your house the decay rate modifier speeds up by 3%. Every day you refresh your house the decay rate modifier decreases by 3%, with the minimum decay rate modifier being 0%.

Last edited by a moderator: