Elite Disguise Kit

Sewer Rat

Journeyman
I'd like to see an improvement on the basic disguise kit you can purchase from the thief guildmaster. This could be bought from the special wares guy in Britain. It should cost at least 750k+ and would allow the player to create a name of their choice as long as the name isn't taken by another player. Maybe allow it to temporarily change your gender as well? Effect lasting the usual 2 hours. This would be a good goldsink for us thieves, and useable only by members of the thieves guild of course :). Thoughts? Flames? Discuss.

James Franco

Grandmaster
This is a great idea! I think it is time for thieves to have some new benefits like tamers, dexxers, and crafters are getting these days.

Casey Anthony

Apprentice
This would be great! Easily worth 5k+ dono. I would even be happy with picking a name from a list, instead of typing one. Possibly give it a different hue than the regular one too, like charcoal or something. Blessed disguise kits are desired by most thieves I talk to, and i personally would love to see them.

Yeah only no UOF game master is going to do anything to benefit theives or murderers. So many people complain about these player types that I'm sure they'd remove the ability if the other 1/2 of the player base wouldn't just quit over it.

If anything, I agree with casey, the blessed disguise kit would be great. As for being able to pick your own name I don't know how difficult it would be to program that but it would make sense that you should be able to do that considering all the disguise names are ones that no actual player would ever choose. They're all npc type names, travis, david, etc. There needs to be some customization in there otherwise the name alone is usually enough to determine if thief or not.

Drustan

Expert
I've been brooding over this idea ever since I arrived here. Now even the PVM dexxers are getting significant buffs.
Something like this shouldn't and probably wouldn't drive anyone away as it does not actually affect thief gameplay.
I would very much like to see a blessed disguise kit.
I do not think there should be any changes in functionality.
I think that while staying disguised after death would be neat, it's not really the way to go. If you're dead, your disguise was blown. In that case, get better and don't rely on your gear to not wear your name out. You shouldn't be rewarded for failing.
Thieves need a goal to work towards or they're all just going to be littering the streets of WBB with their bodies.

Casey Anthony

Apprentice
The only thing i see wrong with actually typing your own name is the fact you could make yours similar to someone else's, without having to dedicate a character slot to it. I cannot decide if typing your name would be overpowered in smearing reputations, or great role playing for thieves lol. I can easily see both sides of it though.

Sewer Rat

Journeyman
I think it would be very entertaining to be able to have certain aliases. I would love to be able to roleplay certain characters within my character. As for smearing someone reputation..yes it's possible, but if the public was aware of this device, they would likely notice a discrepancy in how the name is spelled if an eyebrow was raised.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I think it would be very entertaining to be able to have certain aliases. I would love to be able to roleplay certain characters within my character. As for smearing someone reputation..yes it's possible, but if the public was aware of this device, they would likely notice a discrepancy in how the name is spelled if an eyebrow was raised.

Very good point. I'd say have name selected from a list. But it would have to be an extensive list due to the fact if its only 5-10 names. Those names would eventually be known, hence ruining the whole basis of the idea

Sewer Rat

Journeyman
Exactly right, which is why I think it should allow you to create an untaken name. It will be viable as long as your imagination permits. Let us create some true, believable spies, thieves etc. We could somehow link this with forensics, and maybe those guys could have their own type of "detective kit" so they could blend in undercover or something while they are hunting us thieves. They'd be able to sneak up on ya, easy! :p Having a little mystery isn't a bad thing.

A few things to combat these devices:
*Detectives of course :)
*Only able to apply once every 2 hours with effect lasting through death. Unable to apply again until the 2 hour timer is up. This could put you in an awkward position if you're trying to roleplay a spy or something.. could really mess up your plans if your disguise drops during some important recon or something.
*Must keep item in backpack (blessed of course). This opens you up to be snooped and have your cover blown.

Cheapsuit

Master
This would be great! Easily worth 5k+ dono. I would even be happy with picking a name from a list, instead of typing one. Possibly give it a different hue than the regular one too, like charcoal or something. Blessed disguise kits are desired by most thieves I talk to, and i personally would love to see them.

I agree and it does seem harmless and fun but people will always find a way to abuse things lol but it really doesn't matter what their name is cause most people can sniff out a thief a mile away just by their movement and mannerisms etc. The best disguise is to actually put on some armor and cast a few spells around people and just look and act like a gold farmer rather than walking up to people butt naked and out of stealth and popping pouches.

But I'm down for whatever...my thief has always been by far my favorite character to play. But then again you would never even know I was a thief. ;)