Dungeon Treasure Hunter

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I built my thief awhile back. And have alot of fun playing him. Its def one toon that takes patience and finesse. But can be very lucrative. Ive gained alot of loot from "victim recalling snags". Sometimes I stick around to watch them recall back being befuddled at what just happened.
I originally made my thief for dung chests. Just never actually got into them. I was unaware of the benefit of RT. Which make senses that the chest would be trapped. Which makes me fade away even more cause I dont have room for RT.
My thief is also a tracker.

And yes there is no lvl 7 maps here.
And also, watch attacking a thief. If target dies to anything after you attack them (timer for this) if you can give a count to thief hes booted for thieves for 7 days.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Correct. If you kill another player as a thief you get temporarily banned from the thieves guild. Forgot to point that out.

Choosing your thief template is tough because although you really need Snooping/Stealing, the rest is negotiable. There is plenty of room to maximize your needs and complete your task. Really good thieves will even tell you that Hiding/Stealth is completely unnecessary. It really is up to you and your play style.

Could even make a bard/thief.

Snooping
Stealing
Music
Provo or Peace
Wrestling
Magery
Meditation

...I actually kind of like this setup. May have to try it out ;)

Monty

Adept
Correct. If you kill another player as a thief you get temporarily banned from the thieves guild. Forgot to point that out.

Choosing your thief template is tough because although you really need Snooping/Stealing, the rest is negotiable. There is plenty of room to maximize your needs and complete your task. Really good thieves will even tell you that Hiding/Stealth is completely unnecessary. It really is up to you and your play style.

Could even make a bard/thief.

Snooping
Stealing
Music
Provo or Peace
Wrestling
Magery
Meditation

...I actually kind of like this setup. May have to try it out ;)

I think youre on to something!

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
You dont even have to be the one that kills them, if you did damage and they die via other means You stand that chance of taking the count. Now mind you thats a rare situation but it can happen. Great players should be aware of every angle and every scenario.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Oddly though, I was on my newbie tamer in the newbie dungeon with a pack of bears, trying to finish the quest in there. You know, killing the Tomb Robbers. The bear kills were not giving me credit. Even though they are my bears (tamed). Not exactly on topic, but I thought it odd I don't get credit.

[e sigh

how do you find good dungeon tmaps? i was picking lvl 4's in ice the other day and only getting like 200 gold and crappy items. this is what i found on them

http://www.uoguide.com/Treasure_Chest

Most dungeon Chests are crappy unfortunately.

I made 2 rune books of all Dungeon Chests in order to GM Lockpicking and Remove Trap. There are very few, maybe 2 or 3 that I can remember, that actually give around 1k in gold. The only dungeon that has all Chests worth looting is Khaldun and 1) You can't recall in/out of it and 2) Almost every damn time I tried to loot the Chests somebody had beat me to them. I believe there's around 5 all together in Khaldun.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Ugh. So, basically it's a crappy build on it's own for any kind of decent money. Looks like it's back to the drawing board. I was hoping for something a little different.. but if chests are THAT cheap, it doesn't sound worth it at all.