Dungeon Treasure Hunter

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I'm making a dungeon treasure hunter. So far my LP is at 95%, remove trap is 82, I was going to add hiding and stealth and probably magery for recall in/out.

I was wondering at what point I'll actually be successful removing a trap in a dungeon. The 80's are going very slow, and I can't think how I can do a macro between my tinker and my lockpicker to keep a GM box macro going, since I disarm pretty quick even at 80. If my stuff is high enough, I may just concentrate on getting stealth and hiding up and finish the LP/remove trap on the job.

Any suggestions for either completing my training/template, or how to setup a macro between two chars to keep the training going would be very helpful.

Slim

I'm making a dungeon treasure hunter. So far my LP is at 95%, remove trap is 82, I was going to add hiding and stealth and probably magery for recall in/out.

I was wondering at what point I'll actually be successful removing a trap in a dungeon. The 80's are going very slow, and I can't think how I can do a macro between my tinker and my lockpicker to keep a GM box macro going, since I disarm pretty quick even at 80. If my stuff is high enough, I may just concentrate on getting stealth and hiding up and finish the LP/remove trap on the job.

Any suggestions for either completing my training/template, or how to setup a macro between two chars to keep the training going would be very helpful.

Hi,

I was able start removing traps from level 3 and 4 chests at 90. When I hit 90 I stopped macroing and let it raise naturally on dungeon chests.
What I did was raise my tinker while working on RT. I stopped at 90 tinker and 90 RT and dropped tinker.

If you have a house you can secure a chest and put your trapped box in the secure chest. Load up both accounts and have your RT char loop RT on the trapped box and have your tinker loop trapping the chest. I did my macros all in Razor. I could help you out if needed.

Alot of people say you don't need RT but I LOVE it. I have many chests that are located next to monsters so I like the ability to stealth and never get agro or be seen by players.

As far as a template Ill give you mine.

Hide - 100
Stealth - 80 (80 stealth will give you no fail stealth)
Lock Picking - 100
Remove Trap - 100
Magery - 100
Med - 60
Item ID - 60
Wrestling - 100

You really don't need Item ID but I really like it. At 60 I don't fail much.
You don't really need wrestling so feel free to pick another skill. The reason for wrestling is so I don't get interrupted when casting. Sometimes when i recall in there is mobs around my recall location so I just cast invs and continue on my way. Or there are times when a mob cuts in front of me and I walk through them and get revealed. Again just cast invs.

Hope this helps.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Thanks for the tips.... I've gotten to 100 hiding, 100 stealth, 95 lockpicking, 90 remove trap so I guess at this point it's all a matter of figuring out what I really need.

lollo

Grandmaster
i did a similar template (magery medit hiding stealth lockp. remove trap and carto) and i found out that doing dungeon chests is really bad when it comes to making money. My bard can do much more and it's not half as boring as recall/hide/stealth/pick/remove/loot x 100

As for gming remove trap, i used the brit jeweller safe box until high 80's then i gmed tinkering in like 2 hours (2 hours from 50 to 85-90 and ate a bunch of ss) and with gm tinkering on the same character it took maybe 2 hours, probably less, to gm remove trap. Dropped tinkering after that for cartography.

TL;DR: I would not do it again, it'll be the first char i'll delete when i'll need a new slot

Riversilk

Master
Hi,

I was able start removing traps from level 3 and 4 chests at 90. When I hit 90 I stopped macroing and let it raise naturally on dungeon chests.
What I did was raise my tinker while working on RT. I stopped at 90 tinker and 90 RT and dropped tinker.

If you have a house you can secure a chest and put your trapped box in the secure chest. Load up both accounts and have your RT char loop RT on the trapped box and have your tinker loop trapping the chest. I did my macros all in Razor. I could help you out if needed.

Alot of people say you don't need RT but I LOVE it. I have many chests that are located next to monsters so I like the ability to stealth and never get agro or be seen by players.

As far as a template Ill give you mine.

Hide - 100
Stealth - 80 (80 stealth will give you no fail stealth)
Lock Picking - 100
Remove Trap - 100
Magery - 100
Med - 60
Item ID - 60
Wrestling - 100

You really don't need Item ID but I really like it. At 60 I don't fail much.
You don't really need wrestling so feel free to pick another skill. The reason for wrestling is so I don't get interrupted when casting. Sometimes when i recall in there is mobs around my recall location so I just cast invs and continue on my way. Or there are times when a mob cuts in front of me and I walk through them and get revealed. Again just cast invs.

Hope this helps.

80 stealth to not fail stealth WITH 0 AR

Slim

i did a similar template (magery medit hiding stealth lockp. remove trap and carto) and i found out that doing dungeon chests is really bad when it comes to making money. My bard can do much more and it's not half as boring as recall/hide/stealth/pick/remove/loot x 100

As for gming remove trap, i used the brit jeweller safe box until high 80's then i gmed tinkering in like 2 hours (2 hours from 50 to 85-90 and ate a bunch of ss) and with gm tinkering on the same character it took maybe 2 hours, probably less, to gm remove trap. Dropped tinkering after that for cartography.

TL;DR: I would not do it again, it'll be the first char i'll delete when i'll need a new slot

I think the gold is ok for not much risk. I enjoy exploring around looking for chests. I have yet to get a vanq but I have got alot of nice power weps. i have a bard as well but I don't use him much.

To each his own I guess lol.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I am in the process of changing my thief over to a treasure hunter (dungeon chests). This is good information so I thank all who had input. I've just returned from being away for several months and was looking at what I need to switch around. Does one need detect hidden? I can't seem to find the info in these forums, but of course other online info reportedly indicates that you do.

Tynder

Master
You only need detect hidden to raise remove trap. I dropped detect hidden to zero after GMing RT. I seldomly fail removing traps on dungeon chests with GM RT and zero detect hidden.

The one thing detect hidden is good for is griefing other pickers who try to loot your chests as you can reveal them to get mobs to aggro on them without breaking your hide.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Slim

Yeah I raised Detect to 50 so I could train RT from the thief GM and dropped Detect right after. I don't have any issues picking chests. As Tynder said, detect would be good for revealing other pickers but I rarely run into other pickers. Only thing I run into is empty chests! :)

Bobaganoosh

Master
I have gm remove trap and I feel like I have %50 chance. Either way its important so you don't have to come out of stealth.

Throndor

So before reading this discussion, I had no clue to there being a benefit of having RT over using Telekenisis. Other than being able to remove traps while in stealth, is there any other ad vantage to having RT? Are there some chests that Telekenisis does not work on?

wil3ur

Grandmaster
I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard TK destroys items in the chest, or has the chance to destroy items because you're setting the trap off rather than disarming it. Again, not sure if that's true or not.

Biggest advantage is being in a room with a bunch of high end mobs and staying stealthed though. :p

Riversilk

Master
I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard TK destroys items in the chest, or has the chance to destroy items because you're setting the trap off rather than disarming it.

this is how it works on current UO on OSI. I think this feature is not implemented here.

Monty

Adept
Here is my template that I have had great luck with, my Treasure hunter. I spend most of my time in the dungeons going from chest to chest while stealthed, popping out of stealth to cast Telekinesis (setup a macro and be done in one second). I haven't had to many problems but when I do I just provo or run a few steps over and hide, Sometimes I'll teleport-hide which seems to work pretty good. Sometimes like in Shame level 5 where it can get a bit hairy I'll know ill have to run a bit so I'll get on my ethereal horse while still hiding and then cast telekinesis.

I gave up Med for Cartography because i never needed it. I thought since I have LP I might as well go for it. That skill really made this template pop. Yeah sure Med would be nice doing T-Map runs but by myself I can handle level 5 T-maps without to much trouble. RT would be nice but as it is we only get 700 points or this be my very next skill.

With all the Reds running around this seems to be the safest money maker while avoiding anyone looking for easy loot from a PvM.

100 Magery
100 Musicianship
100 Provocation
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography
100 Hiding
100 Stealth

Just my 2 cents.

Macunzo

Adept
... Yeah sure Med would be nice doing T-Map runs but by myself I can handle level 5 T-maps without to much trouble.
100 Magery
100 Musicianship
100 Provocation
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography
100 Hiding
100 Stealth

You don't need 100 carto, I think minimum is 70 (I have around 80 and decode easily). So that's 20-30 free med.

If you go without armor, you only need 80 stealth. Another 20 for med.

If you stick with 100 provo (is that enough?), you could train peace to 115 (or 120 if you min/max) and then drop it for another 15 med.

Monty

Adept
Thats true you really dont need 100 Carto but My OCD loves the fuck out of 7 x GM. I havent done any level 7 T-Maps yet but I have done a couple of 6's and it seems rather hard to decode the map without higher carto. I plan on doing more and maybe I'll do a level 7 t-map, having said that I can only guess how difficult it would be to decode a level 7 map without being GM Carto. Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

100 Provo worked just fine on the two ancient Wyrms that popped out when i opened one of the level 6 chests. I will add I had to dual box it with my tamer pulling guard duty. Which then provo'd the last two mobs.

But all in all I dont think I have ever run out of spell juice.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Thats true you really dont need 100 Carto but My OCD loves the fuck out of 7 x GM. I havent done any level 7 T-Maps yet but I have done a couple of 6's and it seems rather hard to decode the map without higher carto. I plan on doing more and maybe I'll do a level 7 t-map, having said that I can only guess how difficult it would be to decode a level 7 map without being GM Carto. Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

100 Provo worked just fine on the two ancient Wyrms that popped out when i opened one of the level 6 chests. I will add I had to dual box it with my tamer pulling guard duty. Which then provo'd the last two mobs.

But all in all I dont think I have ever run out of spell juice.

You could forgo GM stealth (80 is fine without armor), drop Carto to 70, and put the 50 points back into Med.

EDIT: As Macunzo stated. Didn't read entire post before replying. Habit of mine. Apologies.

Monty

Adept
You could forgo GM stealth (80 is fine without armor), drop Carto to 70, and put the 50 points back into Med.

EDIT: As Macunzo stated. Didn't read entire post before replying. Habit of mine. Apologies.

One likes a hint of armor. (see if anyone gets that)

tumblr_lp3uzid28r1qlsh4u.png

To be honest I dont feel like I miss Meditation at all.