Do you have a hotkey that you've been using for so long you can't change it?

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
For me it's bandage self.... I've been using shift+Z for like 12 years and I can't break the habit no matter how hard I try... it sucks because 98% of my macros are on the numpad and I always have to reach back to the left side of the keyboard to bandself if using a char that has healing lol.

Shini

Master
For me it's bandage self.... I've been using shift+Z for like 12 years and I can't break the habit no matter how hard I try... it sucks because 98% of my macros are on the numpad and I always have to reach back to the left side of the keyboard to bandself if using a char that has healing lol.

It's only a bad habit if this is making you feel uncomfortable.
if you feel like this is slowing you down or if this is just awkward to reach (which kinda sounds like it to me
x_x ... this is a pretty big jump !)

i'd definitely try moving my bandange self hotkey a little bit closer to my numpad if
i was you.

It's never too late to change hotkeys.
everyone can readapt for the better , it's just a matter of time and will.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnsemUO

Grandmaster
It's only a bad habit if this is making you feel uncomfortable.
if you feel like this is slowing you down or if this is just awkward to reach (which kinda sounds like it to me
x_x ... this is a pretty big jump !)

i'd definitely try moving my bandange self hotkey a little bit closer to my numpad if
i was you.

It's never too late to change hotkeys.
everyone can readapt for the better , it's just a matter of time and will.

no I'm still the greatest... it's just a nuisance :)

Mercedies

Grandmaster
Alt, my push-to-talk button since 02.
Sometimes I push it...even when I'm not in vent lol

My bandage/small heal self macro is g1(f1 before gaming keyboards)scroll down...scroll up for last target.

Jager

Grandmaster
Unfortunately all of them. I see peoples set ups now and there waaay better but I would never be able to re - learn. I am the old dog

Alt, my push-to-talk button since 02.
Sometimes I push it...even when I'm not in vent lol

My bandage/small heal self macro is g1(f1 before gaming keyboards)scroll down...scroll up for last target.

My ptt key is the same and i stupidly hold it down to talk on skype though its not needed lol

Bunnky

Grandmaster
F2 greater heal and shift + spacebar for attack last. Sometimes, if I'm typing in all caps, and don't use caps lock, I forget and get guard whacked because I tried to attack someone on accident.

Jeitarium

Master
Yup... my macros go way back to the platemail mage fireball era. Now I have some really dumb ones...

heal: alt ,
cast cure: ctrl c
all pots: shift + x c v b
lightnight: alt q
harm: alt `
flamestrike: ctrl f
hide: alt h

target self F4
last target F8

The only good thing is they are all left handed so I keep right hand on mouse.

it took forever, but I managed to change small heal from alt 2 to F2 when it became apparent that the only way to survive being stun dumped was to spam small heal.

Snickle

Grandmaster
Yup... my macros go way back to the platemail mage fireball era. Now I have some really dumb ones...

heal: alt ,
cast cure: ctrl c
all pots: shift + x c v b
lightnight: alt q
harm: alt `
flamestrike: ctrl f
hide: alt h

target self F4
last target F8

The only good thing is they are all left handed so I keep right hand on mouse.

it took forever, but I managed to change small heal from alt 2 to F2 when it became apparent that the only way to survive being stun dumped was to spam small heal.
Omg so unorganized... I have f1-f4 as my heals/cures. And scroll up on mouse to target self and down for last target. And all my pots are on wheel too with various alt/shift/Ctrl combo
The way you have it set up you'd have to hit different combos so far away. Especially in a mage duel.