Died from an unwarned criminal act

Mool

Novice
I tried using my dagger on a dead body and was killed instantly, no warning about the act. Died immediately can't get resurrected cause I'm a criminal.

halygon

Grandmaster
I tried using my dagger on a dead body and was killed instantly, no warning about the act. Died immediately can't get resurrected cause I'm a criminal.
You tried to cut up a blue corpse in guard zone. Once you do that you immediately turn criminal and if an NPC sees you (they see everything it seems) they will call the guards and kill you.

halygon

Grandmaster
Is there anything I can do to fix this?
You could cut up another one just to verify if I am correct or not :p

No seriously, don't cut up blue corpses in town -- save that type of mutilation for someplace private and out of the site of guards.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Does seem odd that you don't get a query for performing the criminal act, whereas you get one for every other action. Correct me if I'm wrong but this does seem like it's not consistent and could be fixed with another one line fix. I can think of 0 negative impact it would cause.

Thoughts?

halygon

Grandmaster
Does seem odd that you don't get a query for performing the criminal act, whereas you get one for every other action. Correct me if I'm wrong but this does seem like it's not consistent and could be fixed with another one line fix. I can think of 0 negative impact it would cause.

Thoughts?
Although he has learned a UO lesson (and this way will not repeat it), it would make sense to be consistent with "do you want to perform a criminal act".

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah I learned that same lesson early on when I wanted to claim old azz's head. During the EQMS WBB bridge ganksquad days I flipped on him and dropped his ass on the bridge, got ganked by EQMS, came back as a fresh res and got my shit ruined by the guards lol.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah I learned that same lesson early on when I wanted to claim old azz's head. During the EQMS WBB bridge ganksquad days I flipped on him and dropped his ass on the bridge, got ganked by EQMS, came back as a fresh res and got my shit ruined by the guards lol.
Some things SHOULD be learned this way. Its a hard lesson but its the UO way. It paves a road to the griefing and pking that will happen later and hardens you towards it.

halygon

Grandmaster
There is a tick box in options to turn off the criminal warning gunp
The point is that looting or cutting up a blue corpse does not flag the criminal warning gump, so turning the tick box in the options on or off will not make a difference.