Did Taming Change?

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
I am noticing a new message while running my macro
U3PwLcI.jpg

and it takes several seconds after the tame to rename a release the animal. Makes me want to change the macro to cut out the renaming part and just release it.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You still will, people are just gonna have to modify their scripts a bit.

It won't even really deter or dissuade anyone from doing it, just slow them down a bit.

Blackmartin

Grandmaster
Wont slow down your taming to much, just means don't mass tame the crap animals that tame on first try. Stick with the mobs slightly below current taming skill ;)

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
You still will, people are just gonna have to modify their scripts a bit.

And that's what I spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out. Took a bit to figure out how to remove to remove the renaming and have it still follow, but I got it worked out. Now I find, tame, follow, release, kill, repeat.

Oh crap, it's been more like 3 hours...

Bromista

Grandmaster
Hey it's worth it if you save yourself the mental strain. Some people just don't do well with training taming. And of course some just like the challenge of the script itself maybe that's you too.

Belge

Grandmaster
word of advice from a wise wizard... you'll make 100 times more with a meta dexer than a tamer these days... words of the wise ;)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Lower barrier to entry, less investment overall too. Risk more on death but it's easier and cheaper off the bat to get dexer gear and talisman/relics than to get a tamer and pets rolling.

In some cases you will want a tamer. Some cases a dexer. So it's best to have both. Each class can outperform the other just depends on the situation.

Belge

Grandmaster
What Bromista states is true, however; I haven't used either of my two tamers since I made a meta-dexer. Only for the odd occurrence of trying to clear a room of spawn, to get to my dexers body. I actually like having my tamer, so I can banksit while riding a nightbear... love my nightbear :)

Ripstas

Master
Berserker farming is insane. I'm contemplating dropping hiding for poisoning. Maybe Margery for poisoning. Idk.

Riah

Apprentice
It is just a litte bit of a pain to wait longer for the rename but will change nothing for the "better". I dont see the point. People just change the macro a bit, other ones let the macro run as it was and just rename manually and we will see a lot of "x" or "a" running around instead of real names. Well ...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

AssHat

Grandmaster
wow, add this to spawns being changed/missing over past month in game, taming/metas are getting a nerf!! starting to seriously question staying on uof forever..... lol

girana

Grandmaster
this change has nothing to do with that taming script .

Its just a easy and fast hotfix for a very very huge exploit

Megabug

Journeyman
this change has nothing to do with that taming script .

Its just a easy and fast hotfix for a very very huge exploit
How is this script an exploit? You can script every other skill 100x quicker than taming and you're calling it exploited? Might just go make my Dexxer in two hours and farm with it that way.

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
How is this script an exploit? You can script every other skill 100x quicker than taming and you're calling it exploited? Might just go make my Dexxer in two hours and farm with it that way.
Seriously, there is no other skill that has taken me this long to go from 50 to 90, nor is there a skill/power scroll that comes anywhere near the price of those related to taming. Has any other Power Scroll hit the 9-12 million mark? All this change does is cause me to stop renaming my tames, which isn't a huge issue for me, as I have started training my young dragon and have started killing my tames, but will impact those trying to gain off retames.

If the intention was to curb the goofballs that rename their tames to "EQMSmyballz" or the like, it just slows that process down. As Bromista mentioned, people will still do it, just slower. If they wanted to slow down the current tamers (scripters/marcoers/whatever), adding an 8 second delay to the end of a taming attempt before using it again would do that.

Megabug

Journeyman
Seriously, there is no other skill that has taken me this long to go from 50 to 90, nor is there a skill/power scroll that comes anywhere near the price of those related to taming. Has any other Power Scroll hit the 9-12 million mark? All this change does is cause me to stop renaming my tames, which isn't a huge issue for me, as I have started training my young dragon and have started killing my tames, but will impact those trying to gain off retames.

If the intention was to curb the goofballs that rename their tames to "EQMSmyballz" or the like, it just slows that process down. As Bromista mentioned, people will still do it, just slower. If they wanted to slow down the current tamers (scripters/marcoers/whatever), adding an 8 second delay to the end of a taming attempt before using it again would do that.
Exactly. No other ss is close to the taming price for +1. 250k for +1 and you say it's being exploited. its impossible to exploit taming to the extent that other skills get exploited.