Defensive Talisman/Phylactery of Resilience - modification/fixes

Are those modifications/fixes a good idea?

• Yes

• No

• No, Here some different suggestions/fixes (post below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldKnight

Apprentice
Hello
i tried for a while the defensive talisman, and i had chance to compare it with magi and zerk ones. To be honest, the def tali is definitely below other 2.
Magi can tank mobs thanks to the vivify relic and daemon, plus have high damage potential with slayer books and other relics, pretty nice alternative to tamers.
The zerk tali is the one most common nowadays, with relics has an unbeliavable damage potential and with swampy/slayer armor can "tank" even some harder mobs, his damage output give him this possibility, or with just a slayer weapon, absolutely naked, can deal high dmg and hide while regen or waiting for relics to recharge.
The defensive tali has none of those instead. This should be the tank relic, solo or group, but for what i see, any meta pet can do his job way better and dealing way more damage, so why using a def tali? On damage output it is not even comparable to magi or zerk. The relics make this tali viable in 1 dungeon on entire game, or pretty...

At this moment we have,
Remedy which gives 25% chance to be immune to poison for 40seconds with a cooldown of 60s (on lvl 10), if the relic doesn't proc u get poisoned. What does that means, if u are fighting a scorpion or a serpent, u can cure urself with 1-2 potions and barely notice the difference, i u are fighting something with big poison, like some Ophidis or Rotten corpses, if the relic doesn't proc, and believes me, it doesn't proc alot, u are deadmeat. I think many of us tested the rotten corpse poison and what that means... 10/15 greater cures and sometimes they are not even sufficient, and meanwhile poison is eating u, boom dead...

Quench which gives chance to resist fire breath damage for 50s with a cooldown of 70s (on lvl 10). Sounds great no? Well, how many mobs in this game have fire breath? Is this relic thought to make def talis play only in destard? I mean, this relic is definitely too specific, all other talis have generic use relics, but this is the second relic for this talisman to be specific, but this one is absolutely too much focused on one single kind of mob.

Leech which gives back a little amount of hp from nearby creatures when damaged, the amount is pretty random and goes from 1 to 10 hp (on lvl 10). Now, this is not exactly the best relic ever, but compared to other 3 it is definitely usefull and sometimes can help to keep the tanker alive, mostly when u have more than 1 mob attacking.

Recoil which return back 2x damage to the melee creature attacking the tanker with a chance of 25%. Now, reading it i would say, this is awesome. but it is not... 1. this is base damage (which i considered without the def reduction and the AR reduction etc, but seems i was wrong, cos the base dmg is rly rly rly low), 2. the 25% doesn't make it proc often, 3. 20s cooldown (on lvl 10). This result on having a 10/15 damage returned back to the creature every 20s with a chance of 25%... Any slayer weapon can do even 10 times more with a single hit... in 20s those 10/15 dmg are not even noticeable, and makes this relic pretty pointless... (reason why it cost even below 1m on market sometimes...)

I dunno how many how u tried, also, to lvl up those relics, remedy and quench, by themselves, are one of the most annoying and slow thing ever cos u rely on those poison mobs or fire breath mobs to hit u to make it proc every 90s on lvl 1, for example... These relics are way worst than lvling Vivify, atleast there u just need to summon... And u know how annoying is to lvl up vivify :p
Other 2 finally can be used more often in pvm and are less painfull to lvl up, but still rely on the player to be damaged, when most of the relics in game need the player to do dmg instead.

My suggestion is pretty simple and, obviously, open to addition, fixes, discussion and whatelse.

1. Remedy stays like it is untill lvl 10, on lvl 10 it increases the chance to proc to 50% and also add immunity to spell poison when proc (ye, remedy gives 0 resist to poispn spell atm). In this way gives the chance to this talisman to play against any kind of mobs, not only such limited amount.

2. Quench stays like it is untill lvl 10, on lvl 10 increases the chance to proc to 50% and also add immunity (or just 50% reduction) to any Fire spell (flame, fireball, etc). Adding immunity, but just a reduction would be rly good, to those spells, will gives to this talisman the role it should have, the real tank, and a possible and viable alternative to meta pets to tank mobs. Also will gives to this talisman the chance to play in other dungeons instead of destard, since fire breath is only or mainly inside there...

3. Leech i think can stays like it is, i don't have any suggestion or ideas atm bout it, if any of u have, more than welcome to post em :)

4. Recoil need to be fixed... just return back the damage received from mob, without any multiplier, it means if mob gives 50dmg, it get back 50, or can add a multiplier for a real base damage, it means any damaged received without taking in consideration swampy, armor, resistances or anything, and we know that a dragon, for example, can easily hit for 30-40 dmg, which means returning back 60/80dmg. Still way below to the uber damages from zerker relics, but atleast give a sense to a relic absolutely pointless at this moment.

As i wrote on beginning, i would like to read opinions or ideas, but i would also see this talisman being revalued and giving it a spot in this game, right now it is pretty forgotten and the amount of magi and zerker tali used, show the sad reality about this one.

Thanks ^^

StegcO

Grandmaster
Personally i think Def tali is very good, maybe as u said remedy lvl 10 must protect 50% instead 25% but in a general way a defense tali is basically invul, if u play a champ on a Def tali you can run away throught mobs saving your loot instead mage and zerk.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I personally don't think you've made any real impactful changes to the talisman, I think it'll be the same as when you started, woefully under utilized, and feeling like it falls short of other talismans. I personally think it needs to fill its role better than it does now. The talisman is extremely useful when geared with a swampy & slayer armor (why do you need such a high price tag to go out and hunt on a tank talisman??)

1. & 2. - i can get behind those changes, but you have 10 levels, just make it 5% every level, up to 50%, including those changes to spells that you mentioned.

3. Leech - sounds incredibly weak in my opinion - I haven't used it, I would like to understand if it leeches 1-10 hp everytime it procs (have to wait on cooldown), or if it will leech hp continuously for example 20s, every 30s (when it activates). But in general, I'd like to think when leech activates, you wouldn't have to heal yourself for 10s. I'd like to think it'd be better utilized, more powerful if it was similar to the #5 I added - where if leeches (1 - Level) hp anytime a mob attacks you for (1 * Level) seconds. Cooldown (40 - 1 * Level) seconds. It would synergize well tank as you could be invulnerable while healing up.

4. Recoil - based on weapon base damage is incredibly under powered. Straight up, it should reflect the damage done to you by a mob, back on that mob 2 fold. Prior to armor/swampy/tali mitigation. So if the paragon ogre lord hits you for 150 (then it's reduced to 60 dmg), it recoils and hits the ogre lord for 300. This is incredibly fair in my mind, since tread does 300 dmg - zerker has 3 damage relics - at least make the 1 dmg relic the tank has be worthwhile.

5. Tank - add a 5th relic - I wish there were 5 relics for all - but let's call it tank, since that's what you are supposed to be. When this procs, you are invulnerable to mob damage for (1 * Level) seconds. Cooldown (40 - 1 * Level) seconds.

Other Options:

6. Shield Bash - Cooldown (40 - 1 * Level) seconds. 50% chance to proc when hit, you bash your opponent, and stun them for 3 seconds, doing damage to them as if you swung your weapon.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
6. Shield Bash - Cooldown (40 - 1 * Level) seconds. 50% chance to proc when hit, you bash your opponent, and stun them for 3 seconds, doing damage to them as if you swung your weapon.

or another fun option - if we could get into buffs/debuffs, to make groups more efficient. I like this second idea better.

6. Shield Bash - 50% chance to proc when hit, you shield bash your opponent, and disorient them, providing (2 * Level) percent additional damage to them for (1 * Level) seconds. Cooldown (40 - 1 * Level) seconds.

GoldKnight

Apprentice
well, the reason why i kept it on "minimal" changes is simple, i don't want the Def tali to become OP.
Having 300 dmg on recoil would put zerk on a corner, why some1 should go for a zerk when u can damage mobs for 300 with 10 seconds invulnerability. Obviously everyone would turn to Def in that case.

@StegcO
Compared to other 3 talismans, and compared to metas, this tali is underpowered and underused. Also it is limited to 1 kind of mob or area. Increasing the efficiency of remedy and allowing to be invul to poison spells on lvl 10 for proc period, would allow to play it in other areas, same for allowing the resistance to fire spells on lvl 10 atleast. In this way this could become a tank in real way. Also become usefull somewhere else than just destard :p

I personally would not add or substitute any relic till the ones already present getting fixed/buffed/modified, just cos many ppl spent time and money to lvl up those relics already in game, would be quite unfair to substitute, so to have to start all over again, or add a relic when all are already set. Mostly when other talis have already relics present and working without this need.

In a future, after a fix of what is already in game, i would be more than happy to see something more or some alternatives, but it has to come for all talis or metas, in that way everyone gonna have a choice to work for :)