death beetle vs WW vs dragons

tankian

Grandmaster
what are the pros and cons of each and what pet would you use as your main gold farmer. i hear some people say 2 WW are better than a dragon and WW and others say death beetle. i would like to hear a lot of feedback . thank you.

Experience

Grandmaster
It all depends on what mobs you plan on fighting, because a dragon has higher AR thus can be a tank for things like balrons, and aw's, and the heavy hitters. WW's have lower AR and no fire breath, but they use spells more often that a dragon so for titans and some of the mildly advanced mobs they are the best to use. I do not have a Death Beetle, but I can only assume since they have poisoning and high melee that a Death Beetle/WW would be the best combo though...Best of melee and magic in 1 pair

Kith kannen

Master
I would say WW for solo farming since you can stay mounted and I can kill AWs even though I go through a lot of bandages/heals... I also don't have beetle but I would imagine it beats out a dragon by a significant margin in most circumstances.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Had one since second week.

It comes down to time/mob-type and template.
My tamer is provo/tamer.
If you're provo'ing two balrons on eachother, drag/wyrm is better due to dragon breath. You gotta think of it this way, when your beetle is spamming lethal poison, that balron is spamming cure, thus not casting offensively nearly as much on the other balron. So it'll take longer than those periodic 40pt dragonbreaths.

If you're killing titans, they take far less time so the difference is negligable.

This is from a provo/tamer perspective.

Hephastus

Journeyman
This is from a mage-tamer perspective.

The advantage of this template is that you're difficult to get pked as you have wrestling and resist. With this in mind, I think 2 WW's are better because they allow you much more moblity as you can stay mounted most of the time. A bard tamer is using provo for crowd control, where more monsters are generally good news. A mage-tamer is attacking one tough (or a few mid-upper) monsters at a time, so a mount comes in handy as you can lure the next monster to your pets. Also, two WWs allow you to throw in an EV when you occasionally run into a mid-upper paragon (demons, titans, drakes etc.).