Death Beetle vs AW paragon

severus

Grandmaster
Hey guys, just a question but how well does a death beetle do for surrvival vs an AW paragon, i have 2 vet characters that i use when fighting this beast however i use a meta dragon/mare/ww/normal dragon all of which get psn bitten [its a struggle] is it worth investing in a death beetle?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Death beetles are nice, but a meta will tank melee damage better with higher wrestle to deflect hits. It's worth investing in a beetle for sure, they certainly have their place.

Helps to have Provo to cycle pets taking damage and vet the one not getting poisoned, but no matter what you use with two vets you can take an AW paragon without much difficulty. Just takes time.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Death beetles are nice, but a meta will tank melee damage better with higher wrestle to deflect hits. It's worth investing in a beetle for sure, they certainly have their place.

Helps to have Provo to cycle pets taking damage and vet the one not getting poisoned, but no matter what you use with two vets you can take an AW paragon without much difficulty. Just takes time.
As a tamer newb, what's the benefit of the db?

severus

Grandmaster

Few close calls today with my mature even with 2 vets, poison wrecks my vets especially if their bandage starts applying while pet poisoned, if a death beetle can withstand aw paragon with ez ill deff try buy one, without pet being poisoned id imagine future battles being easy! Discordance takes so long sometimes, once it hits though wyrms a baby!

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I know a few people that love them! Ive never had one myself. Ive fought along side them many times. And they seem to do very well.

Bromista

Grandmaster
What about mobs that can't be poisoned?
Then poison resistance is the only thing a beetle has going for it, which is outweighed by a meta dragons higher wrestling IMO.

Reduce the melee and you reduce the damage and the poison applications while gaining more offense ability (based on relics of course)

Fattson

Grandmaster
Then poison resistance is the only thing a beetle has going for it, which is outweighed by a meta dragons higher wrestling IMO.

Reduce the melee and you reduce the damage and the poison applications while gaining more offense ability (based on relics of course)
So when in doubt, go high level poke?

Bromista

Grandmaster
I say yes. But I'm the kinda guy that doesn't mind a meta death here and there (and everywhere) so I use mine exclusively despite having the #1 or #2 death beetle on the server in my stable...where it stays. I'm gonna move that beetle over to my archer tamer because of that.

I feel strongly that there is no point in having a meta if you don't don't properly utilize it. You could play it safe with a meta and never let it die but what a terrible, terrible waste that would be.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I say yes. But I'm the kinda guy that doesn't mind a meta death here and there (and everywhere) so I use mine exclusively despite having the #1 or #2 death beetle on the server in my stable...where it stays. I'm gonna move that beetle over to my archer tamer because of that.

I feel strongly that there is no point in having a meta if you don't don't properly utilize it. You could play it safe with a meta and never let it die but what a terrible, terrible waste that would be.
I completely agree. It's a game. Why hold back?

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster

Cant argue with this one bit! ...lol

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
You can also cure before the vet heals if you know the delay well. The heal is larger from bandages than gheals and cure costs close to no mana.

Bromista

Grandmaster
That helps tremendously ^

Also if you can help it try to give your pet a chance to cure before starting a bandage, as attempting to bandage a poisoned pet makes for a longer bandage timer. If you wait too long though you basically defeat the purpose so there is a fine line you need to walk there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weland

Grandmaster
If your meta dies though you can get the skills lost back with SS scrolls correct? So the income you should get before the one or two deaths should more than compensate for the occasional cost to recover if something bad happens.

I mean I baby my lvl 3 just because I don't want to go backwards on xp but once I hit lvl 4 I plan on pretty much having it out at all times.

severus

Grandmaster
Correct but that also includes poison, i sold 3 poisons for 75k earliery, so it shows how expenaive that certain thing costs & that was cheap, pretty sure certain skills lose their max place also magery resist maybe?