Deadly poison kegs

Qualtar

Master
Ok. I have been all over this world and have not seen anyone selling these things. Granted they are a pain in the ass to make and cost roughly 12.5-13k in regs and an empty. So whats fair? 20k?

SteelSexi

Master
I previously posted that I thought a DP Keg cost between 6-7k if you used all 2 gp npc nightshade and made the DP Keg at the Britain crafting area to save 20% on resources.

But this morning, when I made a couple more kegs, I averaged 3,900 nightshade for each keg. And yes, I made sure I ate and wasn't hungry.. I was full. The fail rate is just so high, it says 20% success I think at GM alchemy, but it sure seems the fail rate is much higher. Ugh.

Anyhow, 3900 x 2 = 7800 gold. Add the cost of the empty Keg and you get close to 8300.

Now, add in the time. Even using a macro, it seems to take 15-20 minutes to make a single keg and you have to reset the macro often as it seems you use between 8-12 mortar and pestles on each keg.

I was trying to sell the DP kegs at under 10k on my vendor, but it's just not worth the time involved, especially if you include the time buying all the nightshade required. I've sadly had to up my vendor price to just under 15k per DP keg.

jkg8787

Master
Now, add in the time. Even using a macro, it seems to take 15-20 minutes to make a single keg and you have to reset the macro often as it seems you use between 8-12 mortar and pestles on each keg.
If you didnt know, in Razor macro field, you can right click mortar and pestle and set it to Use Type, so you dont have to re-add each mortar and pestle.

Qualtar

Master
Ah nice Jkg, nope didn't know that, thanks!! :)

Good info. SteelSexi. I guess if ya wanna wait and go that exact route, yes a DP keg made in your house for 13k can be much less in the crafting area. I have just never felt comfortable crafting there.

SteelSexi

Master
a DP keg made in your house for 13k can be much less in the crafting area. I have just never felt comfortable crafting there.

Yeh, thieves and griefers alike can be a pain and a nuisance in the crafting area.

What I do is just keep my 2000 ginseng or whatever reg I am using for the kegs I'm working on in a magic locked box so they can't mess with my regs. The Kegs are way too heavy, even empty for them to steal. - But like I said, they can still be annoying, as I had one steal my single empty bottle once lol, and then when i went to make my next potion I get the "you have no empty bottles to put this in" system message. SMH.

So again, I highly suggest that if you are gonna craft in the crafting area to train hiding to minimum of 40, preferably a little higher so you don't have to spend 5 minutes each time trying to hide and failing over and over before starting your crafting process.

It IS worth it however. 20% savings on regs may not sound like much for one potion, or for one keg. But now multiply those savings times now many kegs you make and sell in a week... and a month and it adds up quick.

Not only this, but honestly crafting in the craftng area is likely a MUCH more entertaining spot to craft in then is your house. How exciting can your house really be? You at least get to watch the drama that occurs in the crafting area when there, or maybe you'll see a miner selling ingots ridiculously low or something. The other day.. I was crafting something there, and some miner sold me 1500 valorite ingots for 8,000 gold. LOL. I felt bad taking them for 8k however, and made his day by giving him a whopping 20k ;-). He was really happy, and well.. so was I. - Had I been crafting at home, I never would have seen such a good deal.