Damage test of bows...plain wood - oak - ash.

I've seen a few people in [Trin] wondering recently if there are any damage bonus to the various woods that bows can be constructed from, and I must admit that I was curious as well. It just so happens that I acquired a few exceptional bows of oak and ash yesterday, and I thought I'd give it a test. I was encouraged to share the results here, so here it is.

These tests were conducted using exceptional bows against MOBs (mostly ettins) with 100+ hits per bow (I missed a few of the damage hits as I was writing them down as the numbers don't stay visible very long, but no more than 4 or 5 per bow). I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Plain - average damage 54.27
Highest - 80
Lowest - 26

72 hits @ 50+
28 hits @ 49-

Oak - average damage 47.31
Highest - 81
Lowest - 32

58 hits @ 50+
42 hits @ 49-

Ash - average damage 54.96

Highest - 82
Lowest - 29

71 hits @ 50+
29 hits @ 49-

According to the information available at UO.com oak should provide a 5% damage bonus, and ash should provide 10% swing speed increase as well as 75% lower weight and lower the requirements by 20. I find none of this to be accurate on the UO Forever server.

Many ettins died to bring us this information.

Experience

Grandmaster
I've seen a few people in [Trin] wondering recently if there are any damage bonus to the various woods that bows can be constructed from, and I must admit that I was curious as well. It just so happens that I acquired a few exceptional bows of oak and ash yesterday, and I thought I'd give it a test. I was encouraged to share the results here, so here it is.

These tests were conducted using exceptional bows against MOBs (mostly ettins) with 100+ hits per bow (I missed a few of the damage hits as I was writing them down as the numbers don't stay visible very long, but no more than 4 or 5 per bow). I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Plain - average damage 54.27
Highest - 80
Lowest - 26

72 hits @ 50+
28 hits @ 49-

Oak - average damage 47.31
Highest - 81
Lowest - 32

58 hits @ 50+
42 hits @ 49-

Ash - average damage 54.96

Highest - 82
Lowest - 29

71 hits @ 50+
29 hits @ 49-

According to the information available at UO.com oak should provide a 5% damage bonus, and ash should provide 10% swing speed increase as well as 75% lower weight and lower the requirements by 20. I find none of this to be accurate on the UO Forever server.

Many ettins died to bring us this information.
My guess is that here wood gives no bonus other than durability and color...don't want to give any "magical" properties that could ruin pvp....