Crossing Paths

Amalgam

Journeyman
Sitting idle in my house I witnessed a troll crossing paths with an ogre and they started to fight.

Did I witness this correctly?

I am delighted to think that maybe I did. It was a nice wee surprise and I'm hoping to see more examples of this as time goes on.

Such little things are all too often overlooked (as I am prone to say) and to an old-timer like me who is focused on the minor details, it was nothing less than an enhancement of my experience, much appreciated.

To many, this may not seem worthy of mention, but my tendency is to focus almost exclusively on trivial little details and minor finishing touches (such as the above) as the basis of a well-made shard and I absolutely want to see more of this. UOF is, after all, my retirement home - the last shard I'll ever play, so I am very interested in seeing this server burst with detail and attention.

Please expand!

wkstrm

Master
Many years ago I played for a very short time on a shard to put almost all it's energy in making a good adventur. More focus on single player or small group efforts rather than the more MMO-style that makes UO so fun.
They had a quite elaborate system with groups of monsters that would be in conflict with each others and "wars" would occur between different monster groups if they spawned close to each others.
I also remember that there would be more NPC guards in towns that would actually fight spawn that got within the town limits and it would not be the "guard whack" strike but rather a real fight.

I've noticed that wandering healers will "defend" you if you're innocent and get's attacked by a monster in the woods here.
I've also seen some mobs kill other mobs and/or animals.

Amalgam

Journeyman
Having taken a few weeks to get over the shock and awe of witnessing such a random act of sudden brutal aggression between two wayward repond scum, I do wonder about what else could be prone? (or if it even happened)?

Encountering by chance what appeared to be a distance-based or otherwise-triggered aggression check was a nice surprise that still tingles with potential.

The classic 'opposition groups' are totally ripe to be expanded on - and don't seem to be active as far as I know. There is a million reasons this server is ready for some!

Beyond the classic list of opposition groups, it would be extremely interesting (and optimistic of me?) to one day see 'wild' factors which can affect an individual monster's (or monster-group's) behavior.

Immediate examples are fruitful and many and I think I could get emotional compiling a wishlist.

What would be top of the list? Something simple, to be begin with...

THINK OF THE POTENTIAL