Crafting Bonus Vs. Dungeon Bonus

Greenman

Apprentice
Does anyone know which skill gain bonus is higher? I know the crafting area has the potential for slayers that dungeons do not, however if I am grinding I will be making items I dont use anyway. Also, I am always a little fuzzy on those charts of stuff to craft at various levels if they mean ACTUAL skill or DISPLAYED skill?

Last edited:

Bromista

Grandmaster
You won't get enough slayers for that to matter a whooole but if you do catch em and sell em you'll definitely recoup some expenses. Losses in dungeon to PKs and the like are inevitable but if you just recall more often and spend a few GP on recalls and a little time you won't risk losing 3k ingots so you know...mileage may vary. Dungeon gains will almost surely GM you faster but at probably a higher material cost than CG will. In the end it's personal preference, do you wanna babysit your macro or hit play and let it run.

Greenman

Apprentice
I tend to keep an eye on them just because I am not great at writing them and they tend to be buggy. But they are still better than getting carpletunnel from mouse clicking.

halygon

Grandmaster
Pretty much what @Bromista said. Its more expensive but faster to train in the dungeon as it carries more risk. Training in the crafters area is sufficiently cheaper but it will take longer to GM as there is less risk there.

If you have the time to babysit, then by all means do the dungeon route. If on the other hand, you want to set and forget while you do other things, the crafters area is much better.