cove 4 why have you forsaken me =(

steve-o

Grandmaster
that usually only worked one time.. once you came back either all mobs were taken or they were spread out all over the map or there were reds or or or.. I mean we all agree that there ahd to be some kind of a nerf but like this.. nah man. Now its ruined.

didn't try it yet because i'm still at work...
but if they nerfed like you describe... no more fun/pvp there :(

i really don't care about the monster loot :p just for all the action generated by it :D

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Damn does this suck.

Do I think a nerf was needed? Hell yes, for sure they were dropping way too much gold.

Do I think the nerf that happened was too much? Hell yes. Now it will be much like Ice 3, empty.

I had so much fun in there, and man did I make the jack, just from looting/luring/tracking and revealing. Yes all you stealth pks who got raped by the spawn because some asshole kept you on tracking and revealed you in the middle of a big spawn, that was me :)

Jakaro

Master
Cove 4 was fun and is fun. However, the monsters dropped way too much gold. You should NOT be able to make 7000 gold off of provoking two phoenixes and letting them fight each other.

I did love all the fighting, I had a great fight against a tamer the other day, WONDERFUL I think his name was, and he finally destroyed me.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Cove 4 was fun for everyone Tamers, Bards, PKs, Thiefs, Griefers. the only class not benefiting was Crafters. the place was always busy and very dangerous and lucrative (Risk vs Reward).

I think we should return it to they way it was but do the following.

• Remove Stat loss on cove 4. Don't make it FFA just make there be no corpse cutting.
  • Add in a few forges and put a bunch of nice Ore veins in there. (optional, just think it would be cool to give crafters another dungeon to mine in, and if you put a bunch of high end ore veins in there will be a lot of reward and a lot of risk.)
  • Increase the barding difficulty on the Phoenixes, not crazy high but make it atleast 50% fail rate at GM. that way 120 Provo will help there but it wont be required.
  • Decrease the fleeing speed on the werewolves and rev lions. Don't make them supper slow just make it so you can keep up on foot. its fun that they can lead you into danger, but sucks when you literally cant keep up enough to ever kill them. (missed out on so many kills cause these guys easily out run my pets and me)

Thats all about risk X Reward.

If they remove the reward, why should i risk?

I agree the loot was "over" and should be nerfed a bit.... butm i like the way it was, many mobs, dont care if loot lowered just a bit
:)

Metalhead-

Master
Make Cove 4 have a power hour concerning gold drop. Bring in tons of farmers, PKs, anti-PKs, it'll be a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Monday morning quarter back. Or just take away what people worked for (not even possible). Your right continue to complain about every move they make. My bad .
Your mind must be warped... I never once judged them for any mistakes, I stated that they pushed millions of gold into the system, period. How you come to your conclusions is just how your mind works I guess.

FYI I'm done busting your balls over a one line comment. Just thought for a rather major patch things went really smooth and I expect some adjustments to made. So to say the should do better seems harsh and unfair. Especially with a history of negative post. .. "But what about thieves".
To qoute me by saying they shoulda done better is what your mind thinks I said... I simply said they pushed millions of gold into the shard and you decide to *****. Im sorry for stating facts my good man, back to your warped vision of things....

Gareth

Apprentice
Cov 4 is useless now. I made a lot of money and died a lot of times both from the mob and pks. Now the reward is so limited that it is not worth the risk. I can drop a number of mobs with far less risk and equal reward now...So why would I go to a dungeon that gives limited gold and offers difficult mobs and the high risk of pks or griefers?

Illy

Master
The werewolfs and revenant lions had a fair gold drop. Did they get nerfed too?

I agree the phoenixes and matriarch were carrying too much for something so stupid and slow moving.

That said between the dangerous spawn and all the griefers around I'll definitely be there less now.

Turner13

Grandmaster
I just went in there for the first time today and I don't fully understand what everyone's complaining about. I just made more in there in the past hour than I would in 4 hours at Khaldun. Everything I tried to provo worked first time at 110 and when you get a big group of mobs fighting that's insta bag-full-o-gold-mode. I can understand the annoyance of making less gold now it's been nerfed but it's still easier to make money in there than elsewhere (incoming "you farm in the wrong spots bro" comment).

There are harpy warriors in there that drop 2k each and spawn 6 in the same area. If my maths is correct, that's 12k in about 2-3 mins. Providing no one else is there of course.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Income=(gold dropped*#of mobs/difficulty of mobs)-pk&griefer loss
So gold and mob density went down but. .. wait for it... pk and griefers are now going to drop. Overall seems to be a small nerf to individual earnings but more a nerf to the number of people who can farm at once.
I'd say give it a week or two and see if it needs further adjustment.
P.s at its peak Cove 4 was great for curing down on pk action elsewhere and made some of the other spots more profitable than usual.
All in all, the market will find balance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loki

Adept
You sure u been there bro them harpy warriors shots out a blast that does 90 damage a hit, not sure how you manage to kill all 6 in 2-3 mins plz teach me your uber provo ways so i may to handle all 6 harpys

Loki

Adept
Income=(gold dropped*#of mobs/difficulty of mobs)-pk&griefer loss
So gold and mob density went down but. .. wait for it... pk and griefers are now going to drop. Overall seems to be a small nerf to individual earnings but more a nerf to the number of people who can farm at once.
I'd say give it a week or two and see if it needs further adjustment.
P.s at its peak Cove 4 was great for curing down on pk action elsewhere and made some of the other spots more profitable than usual.
All in all, the market will find balance.
i for one loved all the action there made it fun to farm even if i died alot to stealth pks, made it fun to farm

Turner13

Grandmaster
You sure u been there bro them harpy warriors shots out a blast that does 90 damage a hit, not sure how you manage to kill all 6 in 2-3 mins plz teach me your uber provo ways so i may to handle all 6 harpys

Provo + pets. You 'All Kill' the first one and get your pets involved to take all the 90hp shots, then get a party going with your lute. Pretty soon they'll all be so busy tearing each other's faces off that you can just walk around admiring their colourful tans.

Loki

Adept
went there 3 times yesterday saw 2 dead mobs no werewolfs and no loins a few skel dragons and rest junk mobs 0 players, brings a tear to my eye. maybe i just kept missing all the action and mobs who knows, lets just hope it picks back up one day. oh and ice 3 still dead thought i would bring that up =P