Constant updates?

Tachyon

Apprentice
Literally every time I open the launcher it says I need to update my statics.mul files. Whats up with that?

parsnip

Grandmaster
Literally every time I open the launcher it says I need to update my statics.mul files. Whats up with that?

I've been getting 9MB updates every time I restart the launcher after I disabled treehack. There definitely aren't art updates happening that frequently, so it is probably just a little glitch in the launcher. Doesn't seem to cause any problems though as I haven't noticed any issues with art in the game.

Tachyon

Apprentice
I was thinking maybe the statics files are set to read only and therefore the launcher isnt overwriting them.

Casor

Adept
try running the launcher in admin mode if you haven't. maybe it's not able to write to the folder where UO is installed.

I've been getting 9MB updates every time I restart the launcher after I disabled treehack. There definitely aren't art updates happening that frequently, so it is probably just a little glitch in the launcher. Doesn't seem to cause any problems though as I haven't noticed any issues with art in the game.

I also have this on both my laptop and PC, after disabling treehack to tend to some of my plants. Not a problem on the home PC... but it eats up alot of data over a month when I'm running a mobile hotspot from my cell, to play on the laptop. Had to disable automatic updates on the lappy, just to stop the data waste.