Connection/latency question

Is there a noticeable difference in game with a 50-75ms ping compared to 30-35ms?

*Sorry in advance for offending overseas players :eek:

andomin

Master
Not really, as the UO client is laggy as is. It's the 100-300 spikes that last one second that get you. 30-70 is considering low ping.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
I'm not even overseas and both of which offend me by being 100+ less than me. Hah
But in response, I only really noticed a difference like that when playing on OSI with faster casting.
The lower a ping is, the less difference there will be.

I'm not even overseas and both of which offend me by being 100+ less than me. Hah
But in response, I only really noticed a difference like that when playing on OSI with faster casting.
The lower a ping is, the less difference there will be.

Yeah I can't imagine much difference, but figured I'd ask.

Just a reference to the IPY3/An*** crowd.. I was browsing their forum to see if they're shutting down again and saw a thread where a guy located 50 miles from the server in chicago is paying for the lowerping service to reduce his ping from 25ms to 18. Reading that alone is enough to keep me from playing there.

Lol.

andomin

Master
I like our community, and have no idea why anyone would want to play with a bunch of mean spirited teenagers whose version of fun is griefing, scamming and bank sitting.