Confused

Gilmamesh

Hello, i have some doubts and i'll be really grateful if i get some help:

1) is ultima online f2p or p2p?

2) is ultima online forever f2p or p2p?

3) What is ultima online forever? it is fanmade or it is something official?

4) what are the differences between ultima online and ultima online forever?

i'm a bit confused about the subject and i appreciate the help...

Xonryz

Apprentice
UO is subscription based.

UO:F is free with COMPLETELY OPTIONAL microtransactions. These don't give anyone a competitive advantage, they're mostly clothes with no stats and furniture, and players can even trade the donation currency- meaning anything is technically obtainable if you just have in-game gold. Not really too expensive once you get established, either.

UO:F is an emulated server, fan-made. Anyone can run the same base and modify it as they see fit. Again, it's fan-made, not official, but it's not illegal either. It's sort of a grey-area, but EA has pursued no legal action against any server - or even RunUO, the emulation software. Part of this, I think, is that UO came out BEFORE the DMCA that companies such as Blizzard use to shut down emulated servers.

There are many differences, mainly the time is locked into what many fans consider the "ideal" time for UO. Live UO continues to progress with more and more expansions. UO:F strives for the classic nostalgic feel before it turned into a completely different game. If you're familiar with Classic UO, most people find the differences aside from the obvious "it's classic" improve the game. There are too many differences to really name, but expanded dungeons, more wearables (because playing dressup is fun) and some PVP balance changes, are probably the biggest.

Gilmamesh

Thanks a lot for you quick reply, i have never play UO before but i want to try it since the gameplay seem really great, and i don't really mind the graphics as long as the gameplay delivers...