Confused... anatomy for mages

lemi

Neophyte
Hi all,

Sorry if I'm missing something. I'm new to UOF - have played UO back in the day (very early 2000s). I don't remember mages ever needing Anatomy. It was always Eval int to increase damage and Wrestling to lower the "concentration" issues etc.

I'm looking at following wiki setups
http://uoforum.com/wiki/the-nox-stun-mage/
http://uoforum.com/wiki/the-stun-scribe-mage/

both have anatomy. However the wiki page doesn't actually mention anything about anatomy benefiting mages in any way.

Cheers,
Lemi

lemi

Neophyte
Thanks for clarifying this. When you say ability? Is there a way of triggering this with some sort of cool down or works automatically with some sort of probability of it happening?

RaRae

Apprentice
Set a hot key with either razor or steam, stun has a 50% chance and upon success requires a re activation and takes some stamina on failure and success.

Disarm I'm not sure but imagine works the same way.

halygon

Grandmaster
Lots of good info here. here is a summary of what you are asking:

There are some skills that when both are on a character, they give a special move or an ability:

• Evaluating Intelligence and Anatomy will provide your character with the Defensive Wrestling ability
    • This is akin to wrestling in the fact that it reduces how often you are hit when bare handed. Unlike wrestling, it does not do any damage nor allow you to punch the target
  • Arms Lore and Wrestling will provide your character with the special move Disarm
    • This will remove the weapon from your opponent's hands and place it into their backpack. There is a stamina cost to perform this special move.
  • Anatomy and Wrestling will provide your character with the special move Stun
    • This, when successful, will stun your opponent for 4 seconds

Abilities are passive and do not need to be invoked as they are always enabled. Special moves require you to enable them before they can be used. Both Razor and UOSteam have hotkey actions that can be set to enable each type of special moves.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Lots of good info here. here is a summary of what you are asking:

There are some skills that when both are on a character, they give a special move or an ability:

• Evaluating Intelligence and Anatomy will provide your character with the Defensive Wrestling ability
    • This is akin to wrestling in the fact that it reduces how often you are hit when bare handed. Unlike wrestling, it does not do any damage nor allow you to punch the target
  • Arms Lore and Wrestling will provide your character with the special move Disarm
    • This will remove the weapon from your opponent's hands and place it into their backpack. There is a stamina cost to perform this special move.
  • Anatomy and Wrestling will provide your character with the special move Stun
    • This, when successful, will stun your opponent for 4 seconds

Abilities are passive and do not need to be invoked as they are always enabled. Special moves require you to enable them before they can be used. Both Razor and UOSteam have hotkey actions that can be set to enable each type of special moves.

Perfect

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Almost perfect. What level do you have to have for those abilities/special moves to work? Trying to set up a new mage and make as diverse as possible.

halygon

Grandmaster
Almost perfect. What level do you have to have for those abilities/special moves to work? Trying to set up a new mage and make as diverse as possible.
Like he said, 80 skill but the chance of performing said move at that skill level is low. Think of magery, you *can* cast a EB at 65 skill, but will you be able to cast it successfully very often? Nope.

So if you actually want to use the special move, get the full GM in the skills required.

Thanatos108

Neophyte
I don't understand why every anatomy mage I've seen also has wrestling, if anatomy provides "defensive" wrestling? I am building a scribe healing mage.... scribe healing anatomy mage med eval resist. I hope this template is good enough

Lightfoot

Expert
because you need wrestling for stun punch. you are rolling a scribe/heal mage. stun mage needs anatomy for the stun, as well as wrestling...heal mage you dont need the wrestling at all, unless you do stun/heal.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Even threads have a habit of coming back from the dead nowadays, however, this thread is full of tastiness.