Client.exe - Application Error

jkg8787

Master
(posting in GD because im assuming most other subforums are dead).

Cannot run UO on my laptop as of today. I have made zero changes to UO/UOF Launcher/Razor/Steam.

When I try to use Steam/Razor I get the startup screen, I click Ok, but then I get an error message about client.exe (picture attached).

I have had no issues prior. Played for months with zero issues.

I have UOF on my desktop. Desktop runs fine no errors at all. Obviously I use my desktop the same as my laptop and therefore should have identical installations and settings.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled UO/UOF Launcher/Razor/Steam and the same error persists.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 14

jkg8787

Master
If I navigate to the UO folder in explorer and run Client.exe manually the same error pops up.
Did windows update?
Windows updates daily. Like I said I have zero issues on my desktop so its confusing. I use my desktop in the same manner I would use my laptop.

Currently making my way through this http://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-...00142/#Causes_of_Application_Error_0xc0000142 using the given Error Code and trying common methods to fix this error but so far nothing.

Fuschino

Adept
I updated windows 10 about two weeks ago and it broke my path to steam. I had to roll it back to fix it.

jkg8787

Master
update: HDD was dying I guess. Laptop started acting a little funny in other ways. CrystalDiskInfo showed a Caution SMART result on HDD. Threw a new HDD in and finally able to run Client.exe.

jkg8787

Master
good thing you caught it before the HDD conpletely died.
Ya I don't have much to save anyways but its nice to catch it early instead of late.

Just good to be able to play UO again. It was still working on my desktop but honestly I do about 90% of my UO playing while laying in bed I've recently found out.