Clarification on IDOC ItemID - Abuse of Counsellor Rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parsnip

Grandmaster
I make use of the widely-known Item ID macro to try and time IDOCs. As far as I knew, this had been given a green-ish light by the GMs. Would it be possible to get an official answer on this?

I ask because I was watching a plot earlier today and it seems, from looking at my journal, that I was revealed by a player and then shortly after a Counsellor appeared and teleported my character to Cove (along with one other player). I went back to the plot and found that another 3 people were still there, who evidently had not been teleported out.

I find it odd that only a selection of characters were teleported out - Could someone explain under what circumstances this would happen? I may be going a little over the top in my assumptions but it would appear that the Counsellor was abusing their rights?

Apologies if I have jumped to conclusions incorrectly!

Kiki

Grandmaster
I've been told by the powers that be on here that Item ID is a perfectly fine way to time houses, and the only time that you couldn't AFK time a house was when you were a ghost. They removed the ability for ghosts to click house signs so I'm sure you had to be alive when you were moved right?

Kiki

Grandmaster
For that to happen, someone would have had to page in for some reason to have you removed. Removed for what, I have no idea.

Would be nice to know why someone felt they could page in to have you removed, and why a counsellor figure you were doing something worth moving you for, but not worth jailing you for.

Shane? Carl? Counsellor in question? Would be nice to know what has been done that's deemed wrong.

parsnip

Grandmaster
What is the item id macro and how does it help you time an IDOC?

Hmm there was a thread explaining it but it appears to have been edited. Using item identification on a sign gives the same information as clicking on it. You should be able to use your imagination from there ;)

Us ur imagination

U were AFK, Staff teleported you and everybody that was there at the moment.
Then, staff is gone.
ppl got back there, other ppl, other chars, etc....

isnt simple as that?

Kiki

Grandmaster
Not everyone that was there was teleported, staff interfering with play for no reason isn't an option either. AFK IDOC timing is not a reason to be teleported, unless the counsellor doing it has a personal reason to do it.

I'm not saying that is the case, but until we get an answer from one of the powers that be, all options are on the table.

parsnip

Grandmaster
isnt simple as that?

I wish it were! The core questions remain unanswered.

1) Why did this happen now? I have not heard of anyone else being teleported away at an IDOC.
2) Why were only a couple of players seemingly chosen to be removed from the area? My journal showed only myself and one other person (Bi tch Face) appearing in Cove. The other three were still at the property in the exact same spots as before and at least two were afk as well.

I have a screenshot to support my case which I can provide to @Carl or @Shane if they need it.

Idocs should blow up and kill everyone within a 3-5 tile radious. This would help with campers and the items being thrown from the idoc would help prevent scriptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.