Chest gone Missing.

Jager

Grandmaster
Had a dark grey Lich Paragon chest that i kept all my T-Maps and some weapons in disapear outa my house last night. i have only myself friended/co-owned so it couldnt have been released.. im sure theres not much that can be done about this but just wanted to let someone know incase its a bug or something..

Xonryz

Apprentice
You probably forgot to lockdown or secure the chest.

There might be a said command to place the moving crate but check the house sign to see if there's an option there. Haven't dealt with them here but that was the easiest way to do it on EA.

milkyteat

Expert
Double-click your house sign
Click on "Customize"
There should be a "Relocate the Moving Crate" option in there
Click that button and it will put the moving crate where you are standing

Look in there (if the option isn't greyed-out) and see if your chest is in there

This usually will happen when you customize your house and you place a wall/staircase/door where an item/box/chest was before

Hope this helps

-Dimebag

Jager

Grandmaster
it has been secured for a couple weeks, unless theres an auto unlock function im unaware of it was def secured.. and its a classic small tower... no customs.

Yub'Yub

Apprentice
That's happened to me. And it turns out it was (like said above) in my moving crate. Scared me though!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
It cant be in a moving crate since its a classic house. I think alot of people lose containers in non custom houses simply because when they tried to secure the container, they didnt have sufficient storage, and they missed the warning message indicating that there is not enough storage space to secure the container. So therefore, the container disintigrates.

The storage systems themselves are different between classic and custom houses.

Where in a classic home, if you secure a container, it takes a ''secure container slot'' and 125 lockdowns.
In a custom home, you can secure as many containers as you like and fill them, each container takes one lockdown, and each item inside a secure container takes one secure storage unit. Then you have leftover storage for lockdowns, specifically, when all your secure storage is taken up.

In your case, likely you did secure the container, however, there was not 125 items worth of storage space left, and you missed the message warning you that the container was not able to be secured.

The easy way to check if this was the case would be to check your storage, as you think it was when you tried to secure the container, and see if you have the needed 125 storage space to secure any more containers, even if you have the secure slots youll still need that 125 for it to secure properly

Jager

Grandmaster
Ya but i had the same chest in the same spot for almost 2 weeks and hadnt changed the lock or secure since i placed it, im sure it would have disapeared long before, but no matter i didnt lose much just some t-maps and weapons.. i was in queue for almost 6 hours the other day and was told that sometimes if a NPC is blocked inside a house it will destroy whats blocking it? but this chest was up against the wall. tried to msg shane on mIRC but no response.. ohwell it is what it is and i appreciate the hepl and info, hope this doesnt happen to anyone and they lose some really good stuff.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
theres been quite a few of these threads, and though i seriously doubt the staff here would make such an error but maybe someone is running around with access they shouldn't have deleting random paragon chests/bags/boxes that are secured in peoples homes? other than that I see no possible reason why this keeps happening.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I've had it happen to me, but usually I've convinced myself it was something I did or forgot or something. Weed, ya know?

Last night though I was fucking around PvMing and came back to drop gold off, top pile had 54k so I started a new pile. Came back like 10 minutes later and the 54k pile was gone. It had been locked down for days. The smaller pile was still there and locked down. This is in a traditional house.

The gold is no big loss but it fucking sucks thinking of the shit I have lost when a chest or bag disappears.

Man... just today a threw a runebook on the ground in my house so my other char could recall somewhere with a scroll. Something caught my attention and I left the book there for 45 minutes. FUCK! :p