Change IDOC timers back to Random

Violence

Grandmaster
That is the trade off of being a solo IDOCer and I think it works as intended. If you want the whole pie, expect to put in an equal amount of effort to get it.

I'm not greedy and I'm quite happy to share my pie with my IDOC guild and whoever else wants to try and take that delicious pie off me.

Subcomandante

Journeyman
This seems like a thinly veiled angry thread directed at EQMS rather than IDOC timers.

EDIT: I've never been more excited to play on UOF now the static timers are back in, and I know I'm not alone in this when a couple of my old IDOC buddies have come back with renewed interest in UO. Definitely looking forward to the coming weeks when our preparation and planning comes to fruition and interesting multi-guild battles start happening over loot and plots, win or lose.

+1 for static timers.

Signed,
Member of a small IDOC guild not associated with EQMS.

EQMS shill detected! Connect the dots sheeple!!!11

Uofreakkk

Adept
You ain't no fuckin idoccer in your wildest dreams
LOL... then apparently you never heard of Holy one of the best IDOC guilds on ******** uoforever. Your opinions are full of shit.. keep them to yourself. I've been idocing before you hit puberty,, if that has even happened yet.

Uofreakkk

Adept
Who said i'm in EQMS? Who said I even do/care about idocs?

I just find it amusing that you nergins get so pissed over something so ridiculous.

Just join/make you own guild and fight for that loot. You fucking bums want everything fed to you with a silver spoon. Why not ask for a 1 milion check to spawn in your bank box every odd day?

So let me get this straight, you are saying you aren't egms , and that you don't care about IDOCs yet you are here simply to troll and argue about something you self admittedly don't care about? and I'm the pissed off nergin? Nice logic..

Your logic is that we want idocs fed to us on a silver spoon and yet you are for static timers where people can script an idoc for a 5 minute window or less so they can roll in at the last 5 minutes and zerg people without any fear of retaliation of anyone else instead of having to camp and defend it? Please explain that ******** logic because you just rekt yourself...

There is a huge difference between wanting something handed to you and wanting a fair playing field... Sure I could start a guild and recruit anyone willing to join for body bags like eqms.. but not everyone can be on 24/7 like eqms and not everyone is willing to risk afk timing an idoc for a perfect window and risk getting banned.. that was the entire purpose of random timers was because of scripting...

Sure make it a random 2-4 hour timer again and i'll gather people up to fight your zerg guild but I'm not going to start a guild to have them sit at an idoc for hours because we refuse to script just so a zerg guild can roll in at least minute and take it. You want the idoc then camp and fight for it.. other wise you want the easy path of not camping it and just zerging it at the last minute which imo is being more spoon fed then the people camping it for hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uofreakkk

Adept
Not sure why houses don't just drop when they hit a certain point.

Wouldn't it benefit the economy to remove large numbers of items from decay if left unfound?
It would but it would also affect events and people who like doing idocs to idoc. Imagine if every house dropped randomly through out the week.. that would literally kill any kind of idocing unless you plan on running around the entire map 24/7 looking for loot on the ground and chances are it would decay before you even found it so people wouldn't do it.

Also a lot of people resell those items on vendors and keep their vendors stocked or use those items to stay active on the server, so it could benefit or kill the economy.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
LOL... then apparently you never heard of Holy one of the best IDOC guilds on ******** uoforever. Your opinions are full of shit.. keep them to yourself. I've been idocing before you hit puberty,, if that has even happened yet.

holy used automated scripts that require features which are disabled here

as if anyone gives a fuck about who you claim to have run with on uoforever lol

you clearly don't know UOF IDOC mechanics

sorry to hear about your prolapsed anus from EQMS, start carrying lube I guess?

....it could benefit or kill the economy.

wow such amazing insight did you by any chance roll with holy on uoforever

Uofreakkk

Adept
Some holy members did but not everyone, we actually had a system where the guildies would check the books every 15 minutes, no script needed but on really big idocs they did use a script. I don't see how that has anything to do with me not knowing how to idoc.. As for scripts being disabled here.. then why did they switch it to random timers because of scripters? answer that one *.

Claim? Trust me I can verify I could probably even have Ghost contact you in TS with him... I'm simply pointing out your flawed opinion that i have no idea about idocs or how the system works which clearly you are wrong.

As for not giving a shit, you seem to not give a shit on a lot of stuff and yet you keep posting on those topics so either
1. you are a compulsive liar and do care
or
2. you are just here to troll which means anything you say is not to be taken serious..

I think it's all of the above.

Idocs are the same , what mechanics are you speaking of that are different, please tell me because as of right now you look like a complete idiot. Do houses fall different? nope.. do house signs say something different during their stages? nope.. I mean I know all the mechanics you do and more.

Actually I have only came acrossed EQMS once since I been here at an IDOC and that is when the timer was switched to static, they recalled in at the last minute with 15 people and chased after 3 blues , meanwhile the IDOC fell and it was dry looted before EQMS even came back, (Your guild) so ya.. but way to be wrong on every single assumption you had.. what is that 10 for 10?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Who the fuck is scripting? You can time houses using any client, razor, steam or sallos. If youre too ******** to do that(UOFreakk) then just recall to a house every 10minutes the day it goes from greatly to IDOC. If you cant get the greatly to idoc day by watching a fairly worn, you're ********.

Summary: UOfreak is trash at IDOCs and UO in general.

flipt

Grandmaster
here is the thing if you want to get good at idoc's put the time in and I am sure you will be rewarded. Its all about the upfront work I am not sure if people understand what is done before a house goes idoc . It takes lots organizing runes, checking your FW and GW books several times a day in hopes of getting that perfect timer. Now that's just part of it you also need a group of people to secure it so you can loot and plot. If you are un able ir don't have a group to help you there's still options for you its called stealth and hiding you recall I'm stelth up to plot loot recall or place whatever. I have done both over my years here at UOF. So I am not sure why people saying its a hand out because a lot more work goes in to timing idoc's than doing champion spawns no one is complains about taking a hour to do a champ and coming out with a ps worth million's why complain about static timers its not like every idoc has millions worth of items I it sometimes you get lucky but most of the time a good majority of the items are shit and are left to decay or go in a trash barrel. So nothing is handed to anyone on a sliver spoon. In short if you do the upfront work you should be rewarded if you don't than you should get nothing.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
hahaha this kid is a fucking baby and has no idea.

Do houses fall diff here ?

Yes drop times are completly diff on more than 1 phase.

Do the house signs say the same?

No the phase that allow people to run this demo script you cry about has been removed if you had any idea you would know this

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Is there anything worse than trying to explain something to someone who knows nothing yet believes they know everything?

Some holy members did but not everyone, we actually had a system where the guildies would check the books every 15 minutes, no script needed but on really big idocs they did use a script. I don't see how that has anything to do with me not knowing how to idoc..

OK SO 'EVERYONE USES SCRIPTS', except holy, except that they did use scripts. You rode the coat tails of cheaters on a shard full of cheaters. NO ONE CARES

As for scripts being disabled here.. then why did they switch it to random timers because of scripters? answer that one *.

It was stated multiple times that it was changed because certain people (me) were getting too rich from idocs and Shane was worried it would imbalance the economy. There was ONE guild who used an automated script to recall around and check runes, and they were disbanded long before the IDOC change. If that's too complicated for you to understand let me know and I will have Jack Merr come explain it in idiot talk for you.

Claim? Trust me I can verify I could probably even have Ghost contact you in TS with him... I'm simply pointing out your flawed opinion that i have no idea about idocs or how the system works which clearly you are wrong.

NOBODY CARES EVEN A LITTLE

As for not giving a shit, you seem to not give a shit on a lot of stuff and yet you keep posting on those topics so either
1. you are a compulsive liar and do care
or
2. you are just here to troll which means anything you say is not to be taken serious..

I think it's all of the above.

3. I like to call out dumb people when they say dumb things.

Idocs are the same , what mechanics are you speaking of that are different, please tell me because as of right now you look like a complete idiot. Do houses fall different? nope.. do house signs say something different during their stages? nope.. I mean I know all the mechanics you do and more.

See malkravens post but tldr: you are talking out of your ass and don't know shit.

Actually I have only came acrossed EQMS once since I been here at an IDOC and that is when the timer was switched to static, they recalled in at the last minute with 15 people and chased after 3 blues , meanwhile the IDOC fell and it was dry looted before EQMS even came back, (Your guild) so ya.. but way to be wrong on every single assumption you had.. what is that 10 for 10?

RIIIIGGGHHHHTTTTTT. And yes I'd say I'm roughly 10/10 on my assumptions thus far thx for pointing that out.

Violence

Grandmaster
HOW TO GUIDE ON RANDOM IDOC TIMERS
1. Are there more enemy blues than there are friendly reds? Get on a blue too and wait patiently for a handout for up to 4 hours
2. Got more friendly reds than enemy blues? Zerg the IDOC up until the conditions of step 1 are met. Pray the house falls before IRC spam.
3. (OPTIONAL) If you have balls, fight half the server who are playing on blues. Get insta-statted for your efforts. Go back to step 1.
4. Forgo any planning or strategy because none of that shit means anything.

Guwap

Grandmaster
here is the thing if you want to get good at idoc's put the time in and I am sure you will be rewarded. Its all about the upfront work I am not sure if people understand what is done before a house goes idoc . It takes lots organizing runes, checking your FW and GW books several times a day in hopes of getting that perfect timer. Now that's just part of it you also need a group of people to secure it so you can loot and plot. If you are un able ir don't have a group to help you there's still options for you its called stealth and hiding you recall I'm stelth up to plot loot recall or place whatever. I have done both over my years here at UOF. So I am not sure why people saying its a hand out because a lot more work goes in to timing idoc's than doing champion spawns no one is complains about taking a hour to do a champ and coming out with a ps worth million's why complain about static timers its not like every idoc has millions worth of items I it sometimes you get lucky but most of the time a good majority of the items are shit and are left to decay or go in a trash barrel. So nothing is handed to anyone on a sliver spoon. In short if you do the upfront work you should be rewarded if you don't than you should get nothing.

A lot of work? What work?

The people doing static timer idocs on UOF are running around the woods with a house sign clicking script. Find a nice fairly/greatly? Park an alt there running a house sign clicking script that takes a screenshot when the timer changes. Boom, now you have the timer + any server restart/save time.

I've killed Script, eqms's house timer doing this multiple times, and I don't even hunt for idocs anymore. At least with random timer you had to fight to secure the plot because it could drop at any moment in the random stage. Now it's just roll the zerg in the last 15 mins or so. This static change was cried for predominantly by eqms members and benefits primarily eqms members.

I don't know what the admins were thinking with this one. Random timer idocs were perfectly fine.

Violence

Grandmaster
So you want blues to sit at IDOCs for 4 hours doing nothing? Does the fact that people are now doing IDOCs again inconvenience you?