Champion Spawn dexxer build

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I have other characters for the other roles I want, but I want to make a dexxer SPECIFICALLY for champion spawns. Suggest multiple builds if you can.

I've never run champ spawns before, so I don't know how those battles go.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Whats the poisoning for? Isn't the goal at champs to do as much damage to the spawn to get your 'score' up? Wouldn't a provo dexxer be better?

idk I've never done a champ :/

I run

Swords
Tact
Anat
Healing
Resist
Magery
Hiding

I think fencing might be better. But I have swords just to Lazy to switch it out!,

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
How is parrying for champ spawns? Do these spawns actually do a lot of damage, or is it more about crowd control and whittling down a huge HP pool?

Parrying is worthless because all the champ spawns do magic/poisoning and you need to be able to hit your heal/cure pot macro instantly some times to stay alive.

Ideally the creatures will be provo'ed or attacking a tamers pet so you wont need parry anyway.

When your fighting the champs you'll want to have a hand free for heal/refresh potting away if the champ decides to turn on you.

Weapon Skill
Tact
Anat
Healing
Resist
Magery (pretty much for curing DP/LP and for baracoon)
Hiding (very handy for aggro control and bailing with powerscrolls/hiding from PK raids)

Also, before you go running around a champ spawn on a dexxer if you've never done one before, i would do a couple on a mage and learn how it works. Learn about the candle changes and the mobs that are coming up next.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Thanks guys awesome tips! Keep them coming if anyone else has any more.

How about poisoning? Are any of the champs immune to poison?

Yagyu

Adept
Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Magery
Resisting Spells
Meditation
Evaluate Intelligence

I have a red with this build, does great pvp
Also have a blue I use for champs and with slayer bow, or a high end magic bow, you can do serious damage. I usually get in top 3 or 5 in every event/champ I have done. Even the gm events and monster of month, always have been top 10 and about 75% of the time I get scrolls...if you wanted to trade eval for heal for more durability you could, but I like being able to nuke or shoot arrows, and for the early waves being able to poison wall, and ev and shoot arrows while mana regens in leather, makes it a true damage machine.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Do you get placed at the end based on damage done DIRECTLY to the champ spawn, or is it cumulative of all damage done throughout enemy waves?

Yagyu

Adept
It is from the full spawn. Also, things like archers and tamers get a reduction to max damage. I think if you die, your damage is reset. I could be wrong. I rarely die.

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Here are my favorite builds:

Magery
Medi
Resist
Eval
Hiding
Wrestling
7th skill whatever your liking but he is basically crowd control being able to spam EV's and dumps during a champ. You can fight back against reds incoming to champ. This character is super easy mode and if your lucky get high enough damage to rank at least top 10 or so.
100/25/100

Magery
Medi
Archery
Tactics
Resist/Hiding
Music
Provo
Same as the first build spamming EV's and using the bow for additional damage. The DPS is slow with a bow because you trade dex for int. I'd go 90/35/100 since you can easily keep Bless up for the additional 10 hit points and damage bonus with 100 str. I've managed to Rank top 5 only due to the easy kills in the first few rounds in a champ.

Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing 80
Resist 80
Hiding
Stealth 80
Magery 60

Probably my favorite build for this because of the Bonus you get in champs using (Swords,Fencing,Macing) weapons is extremely high. The build speaks for itself and allows an easy get away with your Power scroll or incoming reds. Using hiding is a big advantage when it comes to several mobs that prove tiresome later on. Your main strategy if in a group would be to wait for provo's, tamers to get aggro or just go balls deep doing your lancing method to keel off mobs with the quickness using Katana slayer weapons.
100/85/40 allows you to cast reflect/recalls/bless to get that additional beast mode 90 DEX. Don't forget pots!

Yagyu

Adept
90 str, 55 dex, 80 int
Or even 95 str 50 dex 80 int, usually cast bless on self as well or can drink a dex potion

Yagyu

Adept
Keep in mind, having gm eval/anat = the gm defensive wrestling as well
So for an archer/mage you dont need wrestling...and hiding is very over rated for champs...especially when you have invis. Why go with wrestling/hiding/7th skill when you can have a full damage melee/archery skill instead?

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Keep in mind, having gm eval/anat = the gm defensive wrestling as well
So for an archer/mage you dont need wrestling...and hiding is very over rated for champs...especially when you have invis. Why go with wrestling/hiding/7th skill when you can have a full damage melee/archery skill instead?

Good to know again that eval/anat = defensive wrestling. That archer/mage tamplate doesn't have wrestling and I assume your talking about the second build. It is also a PROVO character and not like yours which is an awesome build I know because I too use it for pvp. It's all preference man, just helping someone get a better idea of builds rather than just saying "This is the only way to do it." mind set. The first build is pure mage champ build like you posted earlier but without archery. Hiding is awesome since you don't need to stand there waiting to cast invis and just run a few tiles away if you need to afk and get aggro off your character. It works well with a PROVO character when the champ gets really crazy and you fight off mobs that have magery as well. PROVO does not break when hiding, invis does.

90 str, 55 dex, 80 int
Or even 95 str 50 dex 80 int, usually cast bless on self as well or can drink a dex potion

I'm not sure which build your talking about but this can work with the Swords build or archer. Also, nice Profile picture. I think that is from the 13 assassins movie? Or 13th warrior movie made in Japan?