Champ spawns

Wufnu

Neophyte
Is there somewhere where the champ spawn status is posted? I'm new, unguilded, and just looking to jump in some random ones if people are doing them but no idea to see what's up and who's doing what. They start every 4 hours, right? So I'm guessing they're going on all throughout the day.

From what I remember from back in the day they were pretty easy: go in, kill stuff, try not to get PK'd. They still easy?

StegcO

Grandmaster
Exactly, but our champ last 10 minutes cause of the amount of maxed out talismans (mostly in Werkt guild, a big group of blues old users that are scared to fight so grouped up in a big group).

So you need to be very fast, usually if a newbie miss the first spawn will never reach the 5000 score you need to have a (small) chance for PS.

RAID are very rare cause all the big blue guild ggroup up in champ to avoid being pk, basically they fight eachother only with "champ scores" :D

I already suggest the only solution: -N% Malus on talisman while in active champ area, lets see.

khajja

Master
Wufnu, that's one of the benefits of a guild. They typically maintain timers on champs and will pop them once off cooldown. A number of people need to be present to set off the champ spawn.

I like Stegco's "only solution" to the "problem": both of which are fabricated.

Wufnu

Neophyte
I definitely don't understand what "-N% Malus on talisman" means. I'm assuming you proposed constant checking of champ spawn locations to see what's up. It had crossed my mind but I don't have time. I typically only have an hour or so to play, can't waste time running around haha.

The same goes with a guild; they typically want members that play a lot, know a lot, etc. I'm casual - at best - and playtime erratic. Perhaps once I know the reputations of guilds I'll find a home.

It's ok, champ spawns aren't critical to my enjoyment of the game (yet). Thank you for the input, everyone.

Lexington

Grandmaster
I definitely don't understand what "-N% Malus on talisman" means. I'm assuming you proposed constant checking of champ spawn locations to see what's up. It had crossed my mind but I don't have time. I typically only have an hour or so to play, can't waste time running around haha.

The same goes with a guild; they typically want members that play a lot, know a lot, etc. I'm casual - at best - and playtime erratic. Perhaps once I know the reputations of guilds I'll find a home.

It's ok, champ spawns aren't critical to my enjoyment of the game (yet). Thank you for the input, everyone.

It's not that hard to find a champ or dungeon boss that's active. Mark a rune book and recall around...one of the 16 is usually up.

DrSaso

Master
Hijacking with semi related question...

You said you need 5000 score minimum to have a chance at a scroll? Does damage from provoked monsters count towards it purely just character damage?

Was at shame last night and my archer damage is just so weak (had a rubbish bow too :p which got stolen lol)

Also do you need to be near the boss for the drop? Or like if you die and res at brit and the boss dies... Will it appear in your pack or?

Cheers

khajja

Master
THere's a specific tile range that you have to be within to get a drop in your pack. There is no sliding scale, it's binary.

The range is exactly 50 tiles for all champs (Cunninghan's Law)

StegcO

Grandmaster
Hijacking with semi related question...

You said you need 5000 score minimum to have a chance at a scroll? Does damage from provoked monsters count towards it purely just character damage?

Was at shame last night and my archer damage is just so weak (had a rubbish bow too :p which got stolen lol)

Also do you need to be near the boss for the drop? Or like if you die and res at brit and the boss dies... Will it appear in your pack or?

Cheers

Thats the problem of actual superfast champ, its hard for you to make 5k score and in 99% of the case even with 5k score youl never get the loot.

Our talismans made champs too fast, the only solution is a talismans malus while in active champ area

girana

Grandmaster
i dont see any of that a big problem.

problems are diffrent but ppl wont listen , to many play less than 1hour per week and think they know enough to balance shit.

DrSaso

Master
Ahh cool cool. Thanks for answers :)

Any ideas about provo damage being counted? I'll try and test myself tonight :)

folo

Neophyte
So it's actually possible to join random champs solo without getting ganked by the guild running it? People are too busy raking in champ score?

StegcO

Grandmaster
Nobody will gank you cause random blues without maxed out pet/talisman will have 0% chance to drop, even if you can reach 5k score.

no more raid/fight in champs

khajja

Master
So it's actually possible to join random champs solo without getting ganked by the guild running it? People are too busy raking in champ score?

depends on the guild, other participants, and your perceived chance of getting a drop. if there are 3+ members from two different guilds, you're most likely safe. if they did raid, they'd be focusing the other guild before you. if you are there from level one and are crushing it, and there's one guild that represents over 70% of players there, expect them to try and kill you at the end. Hiding and invis can do wonders as the range for champ drops is generally underestimated.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Provo will serve you well at the later stages of a champ 100%. Early stages it's basically a waste of time.

It used to be that you got better score for killing things with a weapon or spells versus using pets and Provo. I could be wrong I don't pay enough attention to score these days I just hit shit as hard as I can no matter what I'm playing (which is a good practice) but I'm pretty damn sure with the introduction of *gasp* talismans that is no longer a thing. Boy how things have changed...and that quite possibly includes balancing game mechanics in this case. Shocking, I know.

Lol shouts out to steggie p.s. hey buddy everyone has the same opportunities to earn and achieve here. You can cry about established players and feign interest in protecting the lambs of UOF all you clowns want but this is a five year old server...it doesn't matter what rules you play by one bit...that fact of 5yrs alone means that some players will always have advantages over others. To cry about this is unfathomable. That's the advantage of being an early adopter - you compete with your peers on a more level playing field so you aren't playing catch-up because you got here a day late and a dollar short.

You guys see what you want to see but take my word for it, no one thinks you're noble for saying this garbage. The same four ppl beat their chests and pat themselves on the back (see also: stroke each other off) constantly it's gross.

account51

Master
Exactly, but our champ last 10 minutes cause of the amount of maxed out talismans (mostly in Werkt guild, a big group of blues old users that are scared to fight so grouped up in a big group).

So you need to be very fast, usually if a newbie miss the first spawn will never reach the 5000 score you need to have a (small) chance for PS.

RAID are very rare cause all the big blue guild ggroup up in champ to avoid being pk, basically they fight eachother only with "champ scores" :D

I already suggest the only solution: -N% Malus on talisman while in active champ area, lets see.

If you talk bad about werkt on the forums the thread will get locked.....staaahp.

Cash is King

Grandmaster
Sometimes champs go fast but I've never seen one done in ten minutes. I've seen them done within 20 minutes sometimes when large guilds are on. I'd say average start to finish time is closer to half hour and given how many champs there are, I'm fine with 20-30 minutes. Those who start it and are there early get 5k score easily.

To the OP's question - as Lexington said, just make a runebook for all champ spawns and recall through the 16 runes. It would take 2-3 minutes including a med cycle mid-way. If you don't have time for that well then you don't have time for a champ.

I wish they'd add a counter similar to the boss altars for fafnir/akor/adramalech so you would know that the champ could be started again in 2hrs 23mins but that isn't the case.

To the other question, provoke does give you score based on damage the mobs do to each other unless someone re-provokes the same mobs. Provo will not do very well at champs since it's only good for 4th level spawn and the tamers kill shit so fast you won't get much score. I believe you need to be within 50 tiles of the boss when it dies to have chance at a drop.