Champ Spawn Scores Being Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I've been doing a lot of champ spawns and have noticed that my score seems to be resetting if I leave the area to restock.

For example earlier today I did Abyss and scored 90k damage.

Just did it again and restocked at the start of level three and I scored less than 20k.

I was at the start for both and did the same exact thing. Also a few members of my guild/alliance have noticed their scores are resetting if they restock.

Fix this please bc not being able to restock kind of sucks.

Duck Face

Grandmaster
i dont know if it is resetting or the damage is just random now. Just did tera spawn and it says i did 2k damage.

I did more than 2k damage in the first 10 minutes of that spawn.

Champ Spawns are Broken.

I've noticed this as well today actually. I was in tera champ with another blue for the entire duration. I left to restock and came back once (not sure if he did). At the end, he had 22k damage, and I only had 6k damage, which is ridiculous because I was using a slayer bow and burned through 600 arrows with 91 archery and gm tactics. No way he did 16k more damage than I.

AlyM

Grandmaster
Yeah, today I did Abyss.
I came in first level on my dexxer, dropped my pets in there second level to help tank, they died quickly.
I did the spawn the rest of the time on my dexxer. Come boss time, I used pets as a tank.

My dexxer got 1/4th the damage of my tamer who did very little and my dexxer had a slayer.
;(

Duck Face

Grandmaster
it is broken. I came in at the end of that spawn and finished 5th in damage. like 10 minutes being there.

rimmshot

Master
I had the same problem .

Can someone just step in here and say " yes it's broken we are working on it "
Or even " nope it's working just fine you all are on drugs . "

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Can someone just step in here and say " yes it's broken we are working on it "

There's no way its working as intended. I've watched people come in at the end , sit at boss, then end up top 10 damage. This has been happening for a WHILE.

Edit: I think lowering the percentage of damage to the boss, and increasing damage to spawns when calculating scores would be a great way to force people to be there at the start, instead of what's happening now.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

blind man

Expert
i also had same problem, which allowed POWER to take all the credit for my work at barracoon and it said i did 149 damage while they did 10k-21k damage PLUSS THEY GET A FACTION BONUS FOR SCROLL DROP

Duck Face

Grandmaster
I don't plan on doing champ spawns much anymore bc of limited time but it would be nice if some details on how the scoring works was released.

Someone in irc said the scores are reset if the candles reset three times - is this correct?

Also,, this thread isn't for flaming/trolling so take your posts elsewhere if that's what you are trying to do.

blind man

Expert
There's no way its working as intended. I've watched people come in at the end , sit at boss, then end up top 10 damage. This has been happening for a WHILE.
Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

i talked to GM they have tried replicating it without success, i gave them better direction as to how but they said they need to check the codes so they're aware theres a problem they just havnt found it yet, hopefully the info i gave helps

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Large scale PVM = Champs.
Large scale PVP = CTF/Battlegrounds

Whats the difference, you ask?
Battlegrounds hold NO SIGN or HINT of PVM. Everyone wins. PVM isn't needed in battlegrounds anyway.
Champ Zones harbor PVMing blues, who DON'T want to PVP (90% of them anyway), yet they spend 3 hours working a spawn to:

• Have their scores reset from PK's or bugs.
  • Be beaten by someone score wise who came in at the last second, and put no effort.
  • Have no benefits like PVP factioners do - getting an extra scroll.
Being a blue PVMer that wants to do champs is absolutely lose-lose. There's no median, or fairness about it. I know UO isn't about being fair, but Champs are NOT worth the risk.. at all. I shouldn't go to a champ and be FORCED to pvp. Heavy emphasis on forced.

How can anyone - don't care who you are - expect a random group, or even a not-random group of non-pvpers to overcome a group of very skilled, very organized group of reds? It doesn't even make sense. The favor is in the reds, even if it's only 4 of them. And I know I'm gonna hear "LOL A GROUP OF 20 BLUES CAN'T KILL 4 REDS L2PLAY NOOBS", but seriously, grow up. 90% of Blues do not want to pvp at champs. Easy as that. So are you proposing that if your a blue that doesn't want to pvp, that you shouldn't do champs? ...What?

I don't do champs because I refuse to watch my friends rage and almost quit the game because they just spent a substantial amount of time for nothing. It's saddening. The longer this goes on, the richer the reds get, and the more frustrated the blues get. I'd rather see both sides frustrated than that.

The power scrolls are already monopolized. Here's an idea: Only allow 1 type of power scroll to be held per account. So if I have a 120 taming already, I can't get another, but I CAN get a Lore scroll (example). This would limit the monopolizing alot, and give other players a better chance at obtaining one, as someone who already has 1 of every damn scroll, won't make an effort to obtain more, and rather be forced to use it, or sell it off to get another. I understand this may drive prices up, but they are already being hoarded, and trickled down to keep prices high anyway, so i can't see it getting worse.

I'd rather sit back and grow plants, put in equally as much time and work that I would if I did a champ, then spend night after night watching the same power gamers obtain more scrolls, and totally nullify the hours I put in to trying to get one myself.

I know this is a fel shard.
I know this is a risk vs reward heavy shard.
I know pvp at Champs is the norm.

But what about new players to the shard, or new to UO in general? They have NO chance at champs, unless they are rolling with power gamers.

Somethings really wrong.
(feel free to flame me in a PM, don't leave it here)

Status
Not open for further replies.