Champ drops when far away from boss

lollo

Grandmaster
So yesterday i died like 10 seconds before thera keep boss died, i used i seek forgiveness, got rezzed in brit and still received the champ skull (while still medding and brit healers)

Is this supposed to happen? Can you also get PS and relics if not in the same area as boss as long as you have a champ score and hit it a few times?

SirLothar

Grandmaster
First time I hear this, if they got rid of "you have to be within x tiles when boss dies" I think it will solve a big problem with the boss luring issue.

steve-o

Grandmaster
Probably skull isn't in the "you have to be within x tiles" restriction

i'm sure you must be next to the boss to gain the ps/relic

Young Star

Grandmaster
Wondering if skull wasn't added to the proximity list. It was changed from the original drop mechanics of going to the top damager or on the Champ corpse.

a magical man

Grandmaster
honestly i dont think there is a set limit anymore I have seen people log out and get scrolls and shit, ive seen people 5 screens away still get a scroll so honestly I dont think it matters anymore till proven otherwise

a magical man

Grandmaster
i think its funny because if you do the champ with like 5 of your characters and log them all out near the alter you get 5x the chance for anything, thought i wouldnt recommend doing that, because you don't want trouble haha

steve-o

Grandmaster
well near the place where the boss will die... and usualy is not near the altar.

it's really STUPID and they must FIX this shit!