Champ bug on point calculation?

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
So for the last few days after some the most recent major server move/reset, champ points have been near impossible to come by. I farmed oaks (not just the grey mobs) from the very very beginning as a tamer (yes i'm a dreaded tamer) and at the end of it, had only 6500 points for 2 hours of constant farming.

My build is provo tamer. I provo/re-provo constantly and i'm not worried about karma, i go and kill as much and as fast as possible. Mates of mine thought it must have been a bug, especially as my karma completely crashed out before 3rd wave.

Fast forward today - was in the terra keep champ and only gained 2000 points... i started complaining to mates in TS and they were getting amazing points.

So we started deceit champ - they waited till we were all set. I sent in 2 well trained WWs, laid down 4 fields of poison and fire (alternating). I watched a huge see of red damage points ranging from 1 (fire field) to an average of 30+ per pet bite. when we finished, everyone called out their points - average points for non-tamers on single targets... 1900. average points for the two tamers - 900. As we progressed through the waves, despite massive AOE attacks, constant damage from pets, i was being completely out paced by my mates on a score of 3 to 1.

Not sure if this was on purpose or not - but when my ebolts do more points (with 0 eval int) vs. provo, 2 pets and fire fields i figured something may be miscalculating.

I try not to rant/whinge on the forums. But when my pets are used for tanks, risk stat/skill loss, but don't gain even 30% of the melee they're protecting (cause i'm healing them constantly)- just a complete head scratcher.