Cellars. Plain awesome.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Thank you again for the cellars. Just plain sick.
Insane space in a castle.

I wish "pots among blues" was allowed for little field tourneys. hehe

smit9352

Novice
tumblr_m6yyapjzyK1qewv88.gif

Grats!

Castle cellar is so stellar

I ran out of breath

before making it to the other side

and collapsed dead on the ground

no help around

for you see

i was in a cellar.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Cellars do NOT add storage.

They encompass the shape of the plot/house. And are an extra floor essentially.

You can lock items down inside.

They have 6-7 various 'floor patterns'

If you lock things down, then axe the clock (to change floor pattern) you will LOSE all items within.

This is all carefully explained in the Devs' initial post.

But never hurts to re-iterate.

If not evident enough, should be noted, that in the case of keeps and castles (open walls/courtyards respectively), the cellar encompasses the OVERALL shape of the plots. There will be NO "gaps or courtyards" just the exact shape of the wall to wall structure you have.

Hope this clarifies. Turns out I'm on of the very few (maybe only still) that has PURCHASED this sink.

Feel free to PM me for questions regarding it (that aren't already onviously illustrated in the devs main posts) so you can be sure about spending the 3 mil.

zoneseek

Novice
i enjoy uo but the price tag on cellars is too high for my taste. not about to spend that much time playing this game.

parsnip

Grandmaster
Nihilism said:
Yes. About an hour after the donation items were switched up, they dropped the price to 3mil

I was willing to spend 5mil on a cellar for a 7x7 but 3mil just doesn't feel exclusive enough.

:p

Soam

Expert
Until they add lockdowns/secures there's little purpose in adding a cellar for most people. Everyone I know is already at max with their current layout

Edit:
And I say this not to be a negative nancy but because I think it's an amazing idea that a lot of people would love if only they gave some consideration to adding storage

Nihilism

Grandmaster
I'm considering planting my clock in main doorway, and unlocking the doors (with obvious chest blockage) to allow people who are curious about buying one to test it out. Not compromising my courtyard marking. And shedding some more light so people know. Cuz 3m is generally a sizeable amount, and people not getting 'the full picture' may be hesitant.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Nope!
Tested with my other acct last night.

Which is building a lot of ideas in my head.

Like potentially hosting 3v3's or something.

Was also thinking something of a battlefield-type design to better mimic field fighting.

Like locking down objects that create line-of-sight etc.

So far, to my knowledge, stone ovens are the only I'm told that do so. If anyone else has any suggestions, would love to hear them.

Kiki

Grandmaster
We could get this going on multiple platforms/set ups as well. Was talking to Carl Sagan and we were thinking of setting up some kind of obstacle route capture the flag even as well.

Logistics of that one are tough due to restocking issues though. Done correctly, we could easily throw together different looks/tournaments in each of our cellars. Could run 3 or 4 venues at a time for one tournament with some ease.

We should all get on Skype/TS one night and see what we can come up with.

I've got a semi.