Can't play at 4k??

Herkyman

Neophyte
Hi!

I have a gaming rig I built, using a 4K monitor with a Nvidia 1080. 32 gigs (why not?), I7-7700k running at 4.2ghz, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, the works. This baby is F A S T!

Just installed UOF... and the game window is very small in the desktop! What the heck? No option to make it bigger? I saw option in RAZOR to force the size but it won't allow 3840 X 2160. I use a 42" HD 4K tv as a monitor and even in that big screen, the game looks tiny...

How can I make the client play 4k? If not, someone working on this? I am in my late 50's... my eyesight is not the same as the 1990's! Lol!

Young Star

Grandmaster
i play on a 4k. you can resize the game window but after a certain point you will get black corners. I will admit that some stuff is pretty small but i usually dont have an issue with it.
unknown.png

Herkyman

Neophyte
Ok! Was able to do like Young Star (thanks a bunch!) and got a pretty decent screen going, with all the overlays to the side in the black areas. Need some vertical synch... whew!

DrSaso

Master
One thing that might interest you is the orionuo client. I did give it a test some months back and liked it but couldn't be bothered to relearn how to do macros in a different format so gave up :p

I would like to give it another go though as the window is smooth like sallos client, actually uses the gpu (i think) and you can dynamically change the size of the play window by clicking and draggin. Think i had mine fill the screen.....plus you can zoom! Or zoom out xD

Vinnie

Neophyte
I know this is a couple months old, but you could just put it in fullscreen, that's what I had to do. I have a 55" 4k and I can't see anything with it just windowed, but if I put it in fullscreen (through the options) I can actually see things (like the gems that are teeny tiny dots....I hate them) The only problem I have is now I suffer from occasional screen flicker.