Can't move after disembark from boat

Ghosty

Adept
I disembarked from my boat and cannot move any direction. I can still cast spells, recall, etc. Logged out and back in and still cannot move. Also restarted computer and no fix. Seems like there are a couple other forum threads with this same issue but don't see any solution.

Any ideas?

halygon

Grandmaster
It happens when you are at the helm and disembark. Embark, leave the helm, disembark. Or page a GM if that doesn't work.

The End

Master
All you need to do to fix yourself. First get your character back to a ship you own or can be officered to. Second dismount your character. You will know when your character is dismounted because your character will start rubberbanding and you can mount a horse/rideable. You are still stuck but now all you need to do is be on foot and take the helm of a ship and leave it. This will fix your character every time without bothering the staff.

The End

Master
It would probably save staff and players A lot of time if a option was added to the “help stuck” option in paperdoll with a Boat button and it popped up a Gump with this explanation.
@halygon

The End

Master
If you are on razor or steam I believe in the hotkeys of either is a dismount player. Use that then gate or recall to a ship you can take and leave the helm of.

Ghosty

Adept
All you need to do to fix yourself. First get your character back to a ship you own or can be officered to. Second dismount your character. You will know when your character is dismounted because your character will start rubberbanding and you can mount a horse/rideable. You are still stuck but now all you need to do is be on foot and take the helm of a ship and leave it. This will fix your character every time without bothering the staff.

Damn, that worked. Thanks so much!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah that's much better than paging lol

I wanna say it may still come to that if your boat gets sunk under the right conditions and you get landlocked, I think that's what happened to me but it has been a long time.