Cant connect to forever

SomeGuy

Adept
im having a problem connecting to the server, played here a while back and just got back home and want to play. i tried installing it on an older laptop with vista and it ran uohybrid fine, when i tried to change the setting to forever and install the patcher i couldnt connect to either server.. so i smashed my laptop and bought a new one.. new one runs great, installed win 7 on it and all the normal shit.. installed uo from uo.com then loaded your patcher and it still wont connect.... i can however connect to uoforever, wich i consider trash, so this is very frustrating. can someone please either upload a working uo directory to google drive or something so i can download a client that is known to work here. its very annoying getting to the login screen and it just giving me the cant connect error and try again later

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
im having a problem connecting to the server, played here a while back and just got back home and want to play. i tried installing it on an older laptop with vista and it ran uohybrid fine, when i tried to change the setting to forever and install the patcher i couldnt connect to either server.. so i smashed my laptop and bought a new one.. new one runs great, installed win 7 on it and all the normal shit.. installed uo from uo.com then loaded your patcher and it still wont connect.... i can however connect to uoforever, wich i consider trash, so this is very frustrating. can someone please either upload a working uo directory to google drive or something so i can download a client that is known to work here. its very annoying getting to the login screen and it just giving me the cant connect error and try again later

Are you using login.uoforever.com port ****?

Also you can download the client directly from the UOF website so you know you have the right client. If you downloaded directly from UO.com, I would think you'd get the most recent client version which means it may be patched too far, but I'm not sure if that would prevent you from logging on here.

SomeGuy

Adept
been trying **** on forever.. doesnt work :/ I thought it might have been a .net problem so i downloaded a a few of them and tried installing uo with each version, had no luck.

The client im trying to use is the uo.com one and its fully updated, uoforever runs fine but forever just wont get passed the login screen..

can someone link me to a sallos client that works here? and maybe if that doesnt work out, upload a working client to google drive?

-thanks

SomeGuy

Adept
couldnt be banned, only played here for 2 weeks then had my computer stolen while i was in jail.. I was thinking it might be a regional ip ban for south floirda but i know a guy who plays from orlando :/ going to delete everything uo related then do a system restore, hope it works.. been wanting to play for a while

SomeGuy

Adept
ok just uninstalled everything and then did a system restore. downloaded the uof launcher and downloaded the client from that and installed it, still doesnt let me log in to forever but does let me get on uoforever..

No possible way im banned, im on a band new ip and pc
was having this same problem with an older pc 2 months ago
got a new pc, still the same issue..

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
ok just uninstalled everything and then did a system restore. downloaded the uof launcher and downloaded the client from that and installed it, still doesnt let me log in to forever but does let me get on uoforever..

No possible way im banned, im on a band new ip and pc
was having this same problem with an older pc 2 months ago
got a new pc, still the same issue..

Did you give anyone your account info? You'd be surprised... it happened to me once. Tried to come back to play and my account was banned for selling gold for IRL money. Turned out my friend who I gave the info to, his brother used it as a throwaway account to try to sell mils. He didn't care if it got banned. Thing is though if you were banned I'm pretty sure it gives you a message that says you have been banned.

But to add to that, I believe they ban you by the mac address of your router, so even if you get a new IP and new PC, if you're still using the same router, you may still be encountering problems.

It's a bit of a stretch to be honest. I don't really think that's the issue, but maybe PM one of the staffers and give them your account name to double check. I honestly have no idea what else it could be.

Also maybe double check your router settings and firewall settings and see if port **** is blocked for any reason. I just checked and uoforever uses port 2593, so that may be why you're able to connect there but not here. Again, it's a bit of a stretch, but it's hard to say what else it could be, especially without being there.

Are you using a Windows PC? Connecting with Apple or Linux may be different..

SomeGuy

Adept
Not banned, stolen computer had a bios/harddrive password lockout.. whoever got the pc couldnt do much but part it out. Im on windows 7, checked windows firewall and my router and both have uo listed as a trusted connections and i have no ports closed. I'm really at a loss as to whats going on. as i said before, this is the second pc i bought in the last two months just to play this server.. Im in a new house since i was last on this server so it cant be an ip ban or mac ban because its a new router and pc.. also, its not an account ban because i dont even remember my account info. I can literally get on any other server and the only difference i can see is that this server is on port ****

pliz help.. : /

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Have you been using only the launcher to try to log onto UOF? That could be the problem... if you're connecting to other servers directly through Razor/Sallos/Steam but using the UOF launcher to connect here... Have you tried connecting to UOF directly through one of those?

SomeGuy

Adept
Have you been using only the launcher to try to log onto UOF? That could be the problem... if you're connecting to other servers directly through Razor/Sallos/Steam but using the UOF launcher to connect here... Have you tried connecting to UOF directly through one of those?

that worked! i owe you a beer..

all i had to do was not use uof and login with steam directly