Candle and Ring of Forgiveness

Alorn

I thank the staff for these handouts, as they weren't necessary. The items seem very nice, but I am curious...what do they do?

JoeB

Adept
The Ring of forgiveness does flash like Greed said if you double click it. You also can say the phrase while dead "I seek forgiveness". This will transport your to a town healer. This only works one time every 12 hours. It basically adds a help stuck for you. Reds will be transported to Bucs Den healers Blues just to regular healers. The candle is just a blessed cosmetic item that could be useful for spell interruption if you wanted to use it that way by equipping it while you're casting a spell.

These items in the future however will be useful for quests which are being implemented. Without getting into specific details, they will give you the ability to continue on with a quest by using them certain ways. More specifics on this will be clarified in the future.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Eeeesh, not sure I'm in favor of the rings function but whatever. I guess it'll be helpful for new players who don't have the alt-backup character thing down yet. So yeah, good call. I approve.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
On the contrary, i think the rings function is a bold move, running around looking for a healer is a pain. everyone thinks so too. these rings were a great idea! they should be added automatically whenever a new character is made too, since they help newbs the most

JoeB

Adept
Be aware i edited my post with the proper phrase to say in order to use the help stuck with the ring.

Alorn

That's helpful! Do you have to be dead in order to use the ring? Also, how would one use the candle for "spell interruption"? Could I interrupt another player from casting a spell at me?

JoeB

Adept
Yes you must be dead. Would be verrrry exploitable if that were not the case. You can interrupt your own spells by equipping any non spell channeling item such as a candle. If you ever 5x you'll often see players use this. It is is a pvp tactic. It cancels a spell if you equip it prior to the gump(the spells completion) allowing you to cast again without waiting for the spell to complete and then be canceled. It in no way affects the spells being casted by others.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yes you must be dead. Would be verrrry exploitable if that were not the case. You can interrupt your own spells by equipping any non spell channeling item such as a candle. If you ever 5x you'll often see players use this. It is is a pvp tactic. It cancels a spell if you equip it prior to the gump(the spells completion) allowing you to cast again without waiting for the spell to complete and then be canceled. It in no way affects the spells being casted by others.
I tried it while dead and recieved a "you are dead and cannot do this" message. Maybe mine is broke?

I do want to say thank you to the two no name pks who felt it would be nice to help my afk macroer test this out.

Bromista

Grandmaster
@JoeB hey brotha, I was wondering how to get the candle/ring on newly made chars after the revert. Bought my last slots and I do not have candle or ring in my pack or in my bank..help!!!

Char slots were purchased from gold sink, if that helps.

Avarice

Grandmaster
As far as I know if you didnt have the char created during the handout, you do not get one. The only way to get it on your char now is to purchase them from the gold sink vendor, which might not be available yet I dont think

Bromista

Grandmaster
Well thanks for the info.

Kind of an odd way to do it. Hope they don't cost too much for the sake of the newbs!

halygon

Grandmaster
Well thanks for the info.

Kind of an odd way to do it. Hope they don't cost too much for the sake of the newbs!
Oh i'm sure it will only cost a nut or two. Who knows what they are even used for at this point (except a free ride to the healer).

I also have a new character that didn't get a ring/candle combo.

PaPa

Journeyman
Does the ring and the candle do the same thing?

If so can I buy both for 2 free rides/day?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Does the ring and the candle do the same thing?

If so can I buy both for 2 free rides/day?
Just the ring has the teleport function nothing for the candle yet (besides a cheap blessed spell interrupter for a red mage)

If all you want is for healer tele just buy ring.