Can you loot an opposing faction's corpse after you kill them?

bowlarus

Neophyte
I know you can't in Trammel, but since we're in Felucca... I don't know if there's been a modification to the system or what. Just curious as I haven't seen any documentation on the subject.

Xonryz

Apprentice
You *CAN* loot anyone's corpse.

You *won't* flag for looting an orange corpse.

Edit: Also, not being able to loot opposing faction corpses in tram is news to me. Kind of funny...

When I left OSI, factions couldn't even attack each other in Trammel. Did they change it so you can attack but not loot?

If so, I actually think that's bloody cool. Faction members would have to hang around a corpse waiting for it to decompose to bones, if they want to loot, and the fallen could reorganise and come back to fight for their gear.

Xonryz

Apprentice
When I left OSI, factions couldn't even attack each other in Trammel. Did they change it so you can attack but not loot?

If so, I actually think that's bloody cool. Faction members would have to hang around a corpse waiting for it to decompose to bones, if they want to loot, and the fallen could reorganise and come back to fight for their gear.
Factions was always felucca-specific IIRC. Chaos/Order and guild wars would spill over into Trammel though, along with the whole "if you're a factioner you can't be assisted by blues" deal which was sort of like an unintended feature- as in they never put forth the effort to my knowledge to get them separated that much.