Can we please get collecting a BOD fixed somehow?

SteelSexi

Master
58 items sold today to get a BOD from the tailor.
over 45 items sold to get my smith BOD.

It's utterly ridiculous, and I feel something is broken somewhere here. I don't ever remember anything like this even when the official UO started BODs way back when.

Yes, sure we could make a macro to spam the npc vendors for 3 minutes selling and buying an item back. But we all know that is just a 'bandaid" for a problem.

And one of the big reasons I am asking someone to look at it.. is because it seems to just be getting worse and worse all the time. I don't remember it being nearly this bad a month ago. What's next? having to sell the NPCs 150 or 200 items to get your BOD?

I'm just saying, I would love to see this fixed to a cap of like 5 or maybe 10 tops for items have to be sold before I get my BOD. To sit there having to sell an NPC 40 or 50 items all the time to get your BOD just seems ludicrous.

Tynder

Master
My favorite is when you sell 20+ items to get the BOD and you get a normal quality iron weapon BOD...

eppy

Grandmaster
RunUO shows a 20% chance to get a BOD on a vendor sale. You just had bad random numbers today.

AlyM

Grandmaster
I got mine after selling 3 items, and it usually is 3-5 items. I've had bad days and sold 10 items, but never something like your saying.

SteelSexi

Master
That's very odd. Sometimes (very infrequently) do I get a BOD after 3 or 4 items sold. Usually it's 10+ and I'd bet half the time it takes 20+.

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
Most of the time I'll get a BOD with <7 items sold, but I have had the days where I had to sell 30-40 items to get one. I agree it would be nice to make this more consistent.

SteelSexi

Master
My favorite is when you sell 20+ items to get the BOD and you get a normal quality iron weapon BOD...

Hahaha, yes I've had that happen as well, and it's just like adding insult to injury.. rubbing salt in my wounds. Probably the same kinda feeling I'd guess that you might get if you went in a convenience store to buy a scratch off lottery ticket... and then scratched off "You owe $50" three times! lol.

SteelSexi

Master
That's gotta be it see. 63 iron ingots. I've hit 30+ a lot as well I know.

So that makes me wonder....

What are you people selling to the npcs that say you never go over like 5 or 7 items to get a bod and think I'm crazy for saying I hit 30 and 40 plus all the time?

I wonder if that is the difference here.

I simply buy the folded cloth at the tailor npcs and sell it back to them one at a time...
- and the smith npc I sell him ingots, one at a time...

Is there a difference in what we are selling between those of us who have to sell dozens of items regularly and those of you who only sell a few items? ...Does it really make a difference?

Radar

Neophyte
I believe it only matters that there is a completed transaction selling to the NPC, so it shouldn't matter what. I usually get a BOD after 2 or 3 rounds of selling 4 to 7 sewing kits, but last night it took about 30 to 40 for both my BOD collectors. I think it is just the luck of the draw there.

SteelSexi

Master
but last night it took about 30 to 40 for both my BOD collectors.

See.. that's the problem. That's a problem IMO. Just the same as a grocery store clerk having to scan a can of tuna fish 45 times for the scanner to actually register the scan code. Two or three.. maybe four times... Hell - even ten. but all these NPCs requiring someone to sell 30,40, and 50+ items to get a BOD they should already qualify for (skill and time requirement is met) - Something is broken somewhere. - Just sayin'

Oh BTW.. just counted the ingots sold to get my smithy bod not two minutes ago... 66 ingots sold. And I get a 10 normal kryss BOD or something. GRRR. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelSexi

Master
WOW... Either I just lucky.. or something changed. Anyhow, both of my crafters just got both their tailor and smith BODS at either the first or second item sold. And WOW was that nice for a change. .. I just hope this trend continues, lol.