Can we please actually stick to defined rules for events????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyain

Master
I haven't been here long, but so far I haven't seen a single event go off without poor management, and it's a real detriment to people that are actually trying to support your events and be engaged with this shard.

The first one I ever got to be a part of was the fishing tourney. That was supposed to be a 1 day event that out of nowhere ballooned out to a whole week. This wasn't near as bad as the most recent one, because it was still random drops, but I had planned in for 1 day of really going at the tournament and then had to keep it up for the entire week to make sure I had the best chance possible.

This last one though turned into a real disaster.

I realize that mistakes happen, and problems come up, but to constantly keep changing the rules during it is very poor management. Then on top of that you still didn't stick to your timelines. You also screwed some very dedicated players in the process, and while people that had no plans on being competitive and were just looking to hop in for fun enjoyed it I'm sure, those of us that were going to push on the scoreboard got shit on time and time again throughout this. In the end, not a single person that was in the top 5 at the beginning of this made it into the top 5 at the end. All 5 of those people had their time utterly wasted.

It's not to detract from those that came in on your new modified ruleset either. They played in the rules, dexxers were doing really really well with the new spawn, but none of those guys would have been anywhere near the top had the original event rules been in place. None of them had been putting in the time like others had.

By the end, we had been told that our previous scores would be added back in, then another crash happened and it reset again, then we're told you can't aggregate scores, now you've updated it to 12-5 est, then again you change the start time to 1:30 est to 6:30, and then even after all that, the scoreboard didn't get locked until after 10-15 minutes past the end time.

Basically you've pissed away the majority of my weekend due to mismanagement. I'm not going to be the guy that sits here and says I'm quitting and yadda yadda. This is for feedback, so that when you make comments of 'oh people are all enjoying it', no, a good few of us weren't. I wish I had the ability to show you the leaderboards before each reset, only so you could sit there and read the names of the people you screwed over in this event, and have the names of those that were seriously not happy at that point.

I also know quite a few people that just sit out these events, because there seems to be a long history of mismanaging events like this, and I really wish that wasn't the case. I'd like for everybody on the shard to want to participate, not to flat out say they won't waste their time with anymore events on this shard because they all turn out like this.

I hope you read this, and take it as constructive feedback and have this lead into a change of policies going forward. I'm also more then willing to help out and assist if I could to make it better, in any form I can. It just does need to get better somehow though.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Agree with this, we've fixed every issue with this event already, actually hired more staff since this event started, and i also had a good hour chat with this player on discord about what happened. Great feedback, i feel/hear this and we are working on making things a lot better here for the next event.

10:59 PM]Cyain:
take it down, or lock it to save for your response, whatever you wanna do with it boss

[10:59 PM]Cyain:
it was meant for your eyes, not everybody elses

[11:00 PM]Cyain:
just didn't think we'd have a whole discord chat too lol

[11:00 PM]Cyain:
and it was kind of a suggestion, so i thought it was a good spot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.