Can someone explain Test Center to me?

Tylerium

Apprentice
Soo I guess I had always been playing on Test Center because I just hit next on the login screen. I wasn't able to connect today so I clicked on Ultima Forever instead. When I logged in my characters where reverted back about a week. I had placed and designed this whole house and everything :(

But yeah I'm gonna not use Test Center anymore, but can someone explain to me how they both relate in terms of backups and stuff?

@eppy

Phrygian

Master
Test center isn't the "real" server. It's a server where you can test things out.. The "real" server gets mirrored every once in a while, so things on the live server will get refreshed to test, whenever it gets mirrored. You don't want to play on test, you use it for test purposes. Nothing you do on test will show up on the real, live server.

Jakaro

Master
Tylerium, sounds like you've been playing on the "real" server the whole time-- if you've seen a shitload of people acting normal at the bank, you're on the real server. The test server literally has stacks of blessed gear and blessed dono coins all over the bank on the ground.