Buying/Selling ebay?

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
not sure how to word this thread...but I see too many people that post a starting bid then retract it. or even win the item, then claim they dont have the gold to get it.

is there something we can do when someone commits to buy something? I know it would be hard to track since its all in text and not an ebay program format...but its getting really annoying dragging out a fs item only to have to post it again.

or does this not happen enough to be an issue?

Fattson

Grandmaster
It happens. My advice would be to handle it like a gentleman. Privately tell them that you understand the situation and it's unfortunate that the two of you you could not do business. However, because of his failure to come through on his end of the bargain, you will not be doing business with him in the future.

If this happens enough, people will either:
1. Quit that shit
or
2. Become known as a tool bag and no one on the server will do business with them.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Don't forget responding 3 minutes after a post, only to be met with "sold to guildmate, sorry". Like, why even post if your gonna do that?

I agree with fattson. Make a list and don't do business with em :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ehh, sometimes I forget to update a thread once an item has been sold. But that's really not like making a bid and not honoring that bid as that has a negative impact on the auction.

Perhaps we should consult the experts! Aussie bros @wendy whoppers and @tap that thang are legendary B/S/T douchebags, they can tell you alllll about bidding on items and not following through.

Your thoughts, ladies?

For good measure may as well tag some of their alt accts too @jenny_jugs @coon slayer

Ehh, sometimes I forget to update a thread once an item has been sold. But that's really not like making a bid and not honoring that bid as that has a negative impact on the auction.

Perhaps we should consult the experts! Aussie bros @wendy whoppers and @tap that thang are legendary B/S/T douchebags, they can tell you alllll about bidding on items and not following through.

Your thoughts, ladies?

For good measure may as well tag some of their alt accts too @jenny_jugs @coon slayer

still hurt on the Rhino (wife) comments bruh? Maybe next time, keep it hidden in the basement.

jenny_jugs (or whatever handle of that name) prob hasn't posted in MONTHS, it was me, i was open about it (even posted saying it) - change of computers etc and coon slayer is actually another aussie player, join our TS (if you have the nuts), if you don't believe us.

I follow through, i don't false bid on shit - just look at my trammed out castle, those statues speak for themselves. Shit i just settled on that dread spider son.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Actually, no this is completely unrelated and you gals would have been tagged regardless.

You guys are champions of not following through with your bids. Storied histories, you have.

Actually, no this is completely unrelated and you gals would have been tagged regardless.

You guys are champions of not following through with your bids. Storied histories, you have.

Not following through with Bromista wares and other player's wares are two entirely different things - if you were smart enough, you may have realised this.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Not just me, but O.K.

Really smart tactic, though. GG? I think you'ns have failed to follow through on an item or two of mine, but I have seen a dozen other instances give or take a few.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
lol

I do understand when stuff comes up...I know not everyone plays this game 24/7. and I rarely hold personal vendettas for anyone here. I know some forums have pm sales against the rules...

would be nice to have a point system for everytime u buy/sell/trade something. .although im sure we would all find ways to exploit it like everything else here lol

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
My only gripe is if something is going to be sold, make sure you WANT to sell it. I review a lot of buying/selling threads and what is humorous is seeing a thread 15 pages long with this at the end:

"Sorry all, decided to keep it! lolz"

My favorite ones are the ones that go something like this:

S/B: 100k
B/O: 500k

First bid: 100k
Second bid: 150k
Third bid: 200k
Fourth bid: 250k
Fifth bid: "I'll pay B/O"

*time lapse*

OP: "Sold to highest bidder for 200k!"

o_O

Honestly, i always go the Dutch Auction way

Start high, place it on a vendor and reduce it on that vendor every 24-48 hours until it sells.

Let market forces decide, pretty simple, unfortunately most of you aren't that smart and get your dick hard on a 500k paper offer when it's worth 200k

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
lol true I dont even like doing bidding anyways but because I don't the value of half the shit on here I have to do an auction. plus my vendors are noob ones that sell gm weaps and armor lol. ..nobody is gonna go there

Lexington

Grandmaster
lol

I do understand when stuff comes up...I know not everyone plays this game 24/7. and I rarely hold personal vendettas for anyone here. I know some forums have pm sales against the rules...

would be nice to have a point system for everytime u buy/sell/trade something. .although im sure we would all find ways to exploit it like everything else here lol

They'll exploit it the same what they do now.... Multiple form accounts. Alway be suspicious of bidders or seller of ubber rare shit with low post counts. Chances are it's an alt account bidding up an item or reposting an item that didn't sell on a different account. Very few auctions are truly transparent anymore.

plus my vendors are noob ones that sell gm weaps and armor lol. ..nobody is gonna go there

*sigh*

What you do is advertise on the selling forums with the location of your vendor house and the price of the item.

If it doesn't sell in 24 hours, reduce the price and make a new thread, if then unsuccessful you then change in 24-48 hours and repeat the steps.

Bromista

Grandmaster
lol

There was a trader feedback system that was borked and never fixed.

Wendy was -2 (go figure, right?)

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's really hard to say, you can't take a damn thing they say at face value. I'm sure one of them is going to come here and say "it's just to fuck with Bromista and no one else" ....however I have seen them try to pull shit on everybody. Even during a forum vacation :)

False bids, fake items for sale (nightmare statue, fallon dragon head, blaze dragon egg), claiming to have bought items that don't exist to fuck with other peoples auctions (valorite runic hammer)

The Aussies and old azz are fucking morons and all deserve a permanent forum vacation.