Build Suggestions...

Dimitrijev

Hey All,

I have been uo player since 1999, looking for new server, though this server looks like AOS, if I am not mistaken? Somehow, it got features from pre-aos... Any ways, here are my questions;

1- What would be a efficient way to make money in this server? Ideally, classical aos servers have tamer chars in dungeons, still valid here as well? What would be a good tamer build?

2- How are the PvP dynamics, I saw couple of messages says pure mage without wresting can't survive, this is news to me, so can you suggest a good PvP pure mage build?

3- How is the artifact system? Just like regular AoS? Baracon etc.?

1. yes taming is good, but there are ways to make dexxers and mages stronger as well (google UOForever meta relics or something like that, granted tamers have access to meta pets for lots of gold), a good taming build would be Mage/ Med/Music/Provo/Tame/Lore/Vet, I believe that is what most people use.

2. Most pvpers on the server seem to run dex/poison builds, so yes wrestling or a combination of evaluating intelligence and anatomy (GM in both grants the same defensive bonus as GM wrestling) is needed. All good pvp builds on this server include alchemy to chase people with, so a good mage build would be something like Mage/Med/Eval/Wrestling/Resist/Alch and a skill of your choice, a lot of people use anatomy to gain the stun ability from GM(?) wrestling and anatomy. A good build for beginning to understand the pvp on this server would be Mage/Med/Eval/Resist/Anatomy/Healing/Alch, this gives you the defensive bonus of GM wrestling through the combination of GM eval and anatomy, allows you to heal with bandages, and gives you alchemy to increase the effects of your potions.

3. No artifacts. We have Meta Talismans (with meta relics you are able to add for further effects). I would suggest reading here
https://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php/Meta_Talismans to get a better idea of whats going on here. These can be expensive but are awesome ways of getting a dexxer or pure mage to where they can compete (or outdo in some cases) with tamers and bards.

Starting out I would suggest beginning with some type of bard, they are insanely cheap to create and are able to farm on par with what a tamer is able to accomplish as long as you have 2+ mobs. Archery/Tactics/Anatomy/Healing/Resist/Provo/Music is a good build.

Todd Hiltz

Expert
I was a big pvper when I played 1997 then unfortunately, Trammel was introduced. Back then, there was more skill involved but on this server, the alchy bonus has really dumbed down the pvp. All I see are purple potions flying all over the screen now and in my opinion, has ruined the skill aspect of fighting. So if you want to be successful, alchemist gm is probably a good choice. I would personally pvp a lot more if they would get rid of the alchy bonus on purple potions.