Bring back purple potion chain reaction

Jeitarium

Master
With the last patch, purple potions no longer ignite each other, or chain react. For example, before you could put a purple potion on the ground, and set it off by throwing another purple potion at it.

The reason this was taken out was I created traps on the ground that stacked enough purple potions to insta-kill anyone next to the stack. I get that people freaked out about this and paged the GMs. However, I think the solution should evolve in-game rather than with admin intervention. There are a few ways people could avoid the traps:

1. scavenge the trap
2. do not get paralysed (keep trapped pouches)
3. do not walk over hides that cover the trap, and if you see a purple pot go off 4, 3, 2, run.

Another alternative middle ground solution is to have a separate timer go off for the pots on the ground. For example, the first pot blows up and sets the other pots off on their timer, rather than instantly blowing up the other pots.

I really hope this will get put back in as there are many creative ways these pots can be used as effective offence and defence, particularly in group battle. It reminds me of that battle in Braveheart where the Scotts had covered the ground with oil and then lit it on fire once the British troops were over it.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
This sounds like a real scummy, shitty thing to do to kill people in a cheap way that will make them rage. A real dirtbag move.

I agree it should be put back in ASAP.

God.RG

Grandmaster
With the last patch, purple potions no longer ignite each other, or chain react. For example, before you could put a purple potion on the ground, and set it off by throwing another purple potion at it.

The reason this was taken out was I created traps on the ground that stacked enough purple potions to insta-kill anyone next to the stack. I get that people freaked out about this and paged the GMs. However, I think the solution should evolve in-game rather than with admin intervention. There are a few ways people could avoid the traps:

1. scavenge the trap
2. do not get paralysed (keep trapped pouches)
3. do not walk over hides that cover the trap, and if you see a purple pot go off 4, 3, 2, run.

Another alternative middle ground solution is to have a separate timer go off for the pots on the ground. For example, the first pot blows up and sets the other pots off on their timer, rather than instantly blowing up the other pots.

I really hope this will get put back in as there are many creative ways these pots can be used as effective offence and defence, particularly in group battle. It reminds me of that battle in Braveheart where the Scotts had covered the ground with oil and then lit it on fire once the British troops were over it.
Ahhh so you're bitching about someone paging in about you using game mechanics against them... when you losers did the exact same thing to me and flube .. ending up in us getting jailed?
rofl. if this gets put back in, then blocking teleporters should be legal too.. i mean, you could "just add them to scavenger" right?
evlove in game, rather than with admin intervention, right?

lolol

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeitarium

Master
Ahhh so you're bitching about someone paging in about you using game mechanics against them... when you losers did the exact same thing to me and flube .. ending up in us getting jailed?
rofl. if this gets put back in, then blocking teleporters should be legal too.. i mean, you could "just add them to scavenger" right?
evlove in game, rather than with admin intervention, right?

lolol

I personally didn't page, and I agree with you.