Bow and Arrow Animation (request)

Candylandman

Apprentice
Anyone know any links or know how i'd go about changing the animation of the arrow when shot and sound? I playe an archer a lot and the old sound and animation is just kinda dull after seeing it for over a decade playing ultima online. I think it would be cool if I could change the animation to shoot like a fireball or blue fireball just to kinda make it seem cool and fresh. If you have any idea on how to do it please let me know Thanks

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Changing animations for certain things is something i'd like to do with many actions on UOForever, and i know me and Fay have talked about changing sounds of certain things as well. This is something i really would love to do, but i definitely want to ensure the nostalgia factor isn't removed from the game while doing so.

Rumple

Master
Anyone know any links or know how i'd go about changing the animation of the arrow when shot and sound? I playe an archer a lot and the old sound and animation is just kinda dull after seeing it for over a decade playing ultima online. I think it would be cool if I could change the animation to shoot like a fireball or blue fireball just to kinda make it seem cool and fresh. If you have any idea on how to do it please let me know Thanks

UO Fiddler. It will only be client side though.

Candylandman

Apprentice
Changing animations for certain things is something i'd like to do with many actions on UOForever, and i know me and Fay have talked about changing sounds of certain things as well. This is something i really would love to do, but i definitely want to ensure the nostalgia factor isn't removed from the game while doing so.

True, that's a hard balance maybe make a custom file people can download if they want it and for those who want original can stick with the current file they have? That way you can do your version and have an option to keep original for those who want nostalgia.

or idk how uosteam works and if you can customize it for your server but maybe add the option to only show client side, kinda like orion client does with changing spell animations/sounds.

Kulle

Novice
Any chance you guys can give us an animation for provo/music/peace? I would great to see my guy play his flute ....