Bounty hunters and heads

Weland

Grandmaster
So I had an idea. Based on @Sommerella's posts I read in another forum that bounty hunters are already being abused. Peeps blue zerg you and then bring a bounty hunter in to finish the job. Well I think I have a solution to this.

If a bounty hunter cuts the head of a pk they are unable to recall and or gate or use anyone else's gate. They have to run that head home.

Pros:

Reds have a chance to intercept their head along with their guild
Promotes intense pvp and tactics

Cons:

Bounty hunters will cry that it's not fair but hey you can track a red for free so this would the scale tipper back to balanced.

Of Note: No I'm not a red yet. I am however leveling a stealth archer I have every intention of wreaking havoc on this server with. I like the idea of being hunted, hell I'm a criminal and the idea of living on the edge excites me.

PS: Also want throw in there the tracking crystal shouldn't detect stealthed peeps and if you use hide it should break the tracking. Otherwise just get rid of hide and stealth because they just became useless......unless you are a bounty hunter.

Weland

Grandmaster
You could even go a step further and put a person in booty bay that collects the heads of bounty hunters. Once turned in you face the option of account wide shame or perma statloss. This way they face the same risks as the people they hunt.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I prefer my exploding head idea, where if a bounty hunter comes at the last moment, gets the head, the head explodes doing 999 damage to the bounty hunter and sends his/her ghost to trammel for a week..

amonseti

Grandmaster
This would be nice for factions ..
The point however is tho "BEING RED" is not a faction its a punishment .. and not supposed to be a good thing ..
I think red penaltys need to be even more harsh PK'ing is really not fun at all for the person being PK'ed and as this server has shown way to often , most reds here tend to get off by grefing.
PvP needs to be done in factions where it really is PvP , Most of the reds here are not pvp'ers otherwise they would be embrasing these changes .
The Reds here have had it way to eas.y PK'ing what are essentially defencless PvM players not prepaired or lacking proper builds for PvP , and now that the bar is rasied again they dont want to have to deal with a challange they simple want the free meal ticket they have live on for far to long ..

Hydro

Grandmaster
i had people para spam my red other day while they had a bounty hunter come to finish me

i went threw 60 pouches trying to escape..life of the solo pk

GimpCent

Grandmaster
The point however is tho "BEING RED" is not a faction its a punishment .. and not supposed to be a good thing ..
I think red penaltys need to be even more harsh PK'ing is really not fun at all for the person being PK'ed and as this server has shown way to often , most reds here tend to get off by grefing.
PvP needs to be done in factions where it really is PvP , Most of the reds here are not pvp'ers otherwise they would be embrasing these changes .
The Reds here have had it way to eas.y PK'ing what are essentially defencless PvM players not prepaired or lacking proper builds for PvP , and now that the bar is rasied again they dont want to have to deal with a challange they simple want the free meal ticket they have live on for far to long ..

Lol are you truly think "most" reds get off by griefing......

The worse griefers on the Shard happen to be blue and if you think we would embrace stat skill you have no concept of history of this game what so ever

It's like you like to talk about stuff you have almost no clue sbout yet that doesn't even slow you down.

Defenseless pvmers.... With broken meta pets, in groups is hardly defenseless

Are you really that clueless or even worse do you really think we believe crap like this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Weland

Grandmaster
I'm not saying make red a faction. People who are bounty hunters and people who are PKS should have one thing in common. The desire to fight other players.

So if you cut the head of a red you shouldn't be able to recall to WBB and just turn it in. No..... once you cut it's game on! Bounty hunters from your guild recall to the dungeon your at and guildmates from the red recall in to where you we offed. Then the war ensues. I think the ability for reds to turn in the heads of bounty hunters just adds a unique dynamic that gives the incentive to fight back.

I mean the biggest gripe of blues is the risk vs reward and that the reds never have it. Now we have the bounty hunters which the very embodiment of what you protested against, only it's in the blues favor. Being a bounty hunter should have it's risks as well. You cut the head of a red be prepared to defend yourself all the way to the head collector. Same being a red however, if you slay a bounty hunter be prepared to defend the head all the way to the head collector.

After a full blown war between bounty hunter and red both sides should come out with losses not just the red side because they chose to be red.....you chose to be a bounty hunter so nut up as well.

Kael

Master

I would take getting pk'd by reds everyday over getting griefed by a bunch of blue players. With a red coming I know that I either need to fight or take off. While I agree something needs to get done to tone down the pk'ing and rez killing. I am just not sure that this plan is the best one for the shard.

amonseti

Grandmaster
ahh yes the blue greifers is a whole other topic and I agree they are a bigger pain in the ass then the red PK's but both need resolutions , right now its the PK train ..

aIck

Grandmaster
tone down the pk'ing and rez killing.
I've been farming my nuts off and have seen only 2 PKs and been PK'd 0 times this past month. Where's the red menace? Where's the PK-problem?

What am I doing wrong, why doesn't the scenario of getting rolled and rezkilled befall upon me?

amonseti

Grandmaster
I've been farming my nuts off and have seen only 2 PKs and been PK'd 0 times this past month. Where's the red menace? Where's the PK-problem?

What am I doing wrong, why doesn't the scenario of getting rolled and rezkilled befall upon me?
you must be farming a low pop area ..

amonseti

Grandmaster
wow!! so what you're saying is if I farm the best spots I am gonna run into pkers all the time? WEIRDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
ECLqnLR.jpg

your suggesting trammel

Kael

Master

Maybe you are the wrong time zone :)

GimpCent

Grandmaster
you must be farming a low pop area ..

When I started here I only got pked once the whole time making my first character. In fact I have only been pk once ever at all on this server now to think about it and it was from my own guild. I was untagged afk on Moonglow when I was killed.

I leveled up my skills in Shame mostly. There is no bolas on this server and you can make a recall macro its not that serious. You honestly dont need it any easier yet you claim there are red griefers...

What is the worst thing that a red did to you I mean honestly I think you are being rather dramatic.....

@Adam @Shane @Mercedies

GimpCent

Grandmaster
How the fuck am I suggesting that in my text .. dude read b4 you post your drivel .. what a fuck nut ..
34242b496d2a2c4697ddcf77a69b9925.jpg

Because you are making up opinions that arent based on how the game was designed at all.

When did you start playing this game? What year?

amonseti

Grandmaster
Because you are making up opinions that arent based on how the game was designed at all.

When did you start playing this game? What year?
1998.... and I think it is the PK's like yourself whom have no idea what the game design is . And to top it off I actually know what the Developers had in mind as one of them is a collegue of mine .. And ive been working in the industry for well over a decade .. So yes I have a fair amount of insight and knowledge about it ..

GimpCent

Grandmaster
1998.... and I think it is the PK's like yourself whom have no idea what the game design is . And to top it off I actually know what the Developers had in mind as one of them is a collegue of mine .. And ive been working in the industry for well over a decade .. So yes I have a fair amount of insight and knowledge about it ..

I could care less what the random developer you know. The lead developer, himself said perma skill loss was a mistake.

It's clear to everyone this system has major flaws, and as such at the very least should of be released in such a broken state. I agree we have to start somewhere but this is a atomic bomb to my rather large population nof the shard.

Just as I would be unwise to ignore you, you are understand that I agree that changes do need to take place but our legitimate concerns from the first thread from Shane where met with silence and this update was pushed forward on a lot of flawed logic as been land clear to everyone over and over.

Furthermore I don't just pk, just as many players do I happen to do most activities. The majority of people would label me a trammie in fact. And I am being honest by the majority. I am far more sainter then sinner as you foolishing point the finger as claim things like the majority of reds are griefers.

Such phrases are not even romately true. Everyone agrees that $ has been the worse guild for the shard since its making yet they happen to be majority blue.

Also about the game design stuff, I get emails from HiRez and ZediMax currently for feedback but in the past I have alpha tested and had direct access for communication in games like Darkfall and DAOC where I was Yellowbeard on Andred. So you honestly again just assume I have a lack of knowledge where I really don't. Do I sound ******** to you? I mean do you want compare ACT scores what the fuck will stop you from comically trying to talk down to me?

Last edited by a moderator: