BODs - Don't Seem Worth The Ingots...

Bapes

Adept
Prospector's and Garg's are the "booby prizes" so to speak. The gloves are what you want. But even so, both tools are quite useful. When I use the Garg's I just lead the elemental out of the mine then run back in and hide and it will forget about me. Minor inconvenience for more valorite and verite. What's not to like?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yessir ^

On one hand I have gotten straight up awful, just absolutely pitiful deeds lately. On the other hand this discussion is going nowhere.

Peace.

Kalos

Apprentice
Yes, that is on one hand awesome, and the other extremely noobed. But mainly awesome.

400 ingots to complete a small bod to get a prospectors tool or a garg picaxe isn't worth it. I don't want to be rewarded with a tool to go mine with, because mining is boring- I want an item I can wear or an item that is usable in another way. This way it can be sold and used by other non-miners.

A gargoyles pickaxe and prospectors tools are ONLY usable by miners, where as the lower end crafting reward, the sandals and the cloth, can be used by all players.
Completely agree with you. The blacksmithy bod rewards are pitiful. I only turn in a BOD if I know I'm at least getting a Bronze runic or better, and have only gotten 1 so far. I have a copper runic as well but it seems useless unless I crafted a slayer with the limited charges it has.