BOD Claim Button

Bromista

Grandmaster
I don't really know what all has been discussed but I have heard whispers of mysticism/imbuing and I have to imagine some of the meta crafting has to do with resources as well but I guess the jury is still out at this point.

I don't think BODs are going to be related in any way and to be frank I don't see anything changing with their acquisition. It has been brought up and shot down before, reason being it keeps players honest limiting automation and requiring dedication. Even being a bit of a pain it's already very fruitful for the time spent, but I think it's also largely there to protect the value of the rewards since it's probably the most helpful thing to keep the market from being flooded.

Sorry to be the nnaysayer. I pull less than I used to but I'd say I still average maybe two pulls a day with five 120/120 crafters now and I would benefit greatly from a change like this, but I like the way it is. In the long run we might get more people participating and more rewards but earn less for the time spent and I think we are in good place right now. BODs reward abundance and value have been about the most stable thing on UOF with very little change in the last basically 4 years. Don't fuck with it!

Trokair

Apprentice
I don't really know what all has been discussed but I have heard whispers of mysticism/imbuing and I have to imagine some of the meta crafting........

I had not thought about botting, that is a valid point. I tried to do a search before posting but I did not have anything return that was relevant. If that is the reason behind keeping it the same way I am behind it. Reducing botting is a worthy cause to donate my couple of minutes, few ingots, and strips of cloth to. Thank you for the information.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
umm botting can be done now on the BOD system... I know you technically aren't allowed to auto sell, but I've seen scripts out there that will click the item, and click the ok to sell automatically, a quick check in your pack to see if you have a new bod, if not repeat. I hate that the world has become all about scripts, unfortunately it's the world we live in. I'd rather see quality of life, so that players don't feel required to create scripts, than to avoid them because it'll be easier for people to create scripts.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah there have been some psuedo-scripts floating around for a while but they don't do it all. You can say that about just about anything though.

Bromista

Grandmaster
For the same reason that full automation scripting is not allowed in other facets of the game.

There's a fine few lines of code between quality of life and flooding the market