Boat Security Bug

halygon

Grandmaster
I thought perhaps a screenshot would be easy for you to read. Apparently you lack the comprehension to even derive information from colorful pictures. Allow me to sum this up:

Shane says it's legit.

You know, the owner of the shard you play.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Here's a card.
Thanks for the card, although I truly expected more from a practiced forum troll as yourself.

As for the ******** premise that what you are doing is a valid gameplay mechanic.. Well let's just say that what you can get away with is not the same as saying that it was designed to work that way.

Thanks for playing though.

It could be edited. But I assure you, that's Shane, the actual owner of this shard.

You, of course, are free to believe or not as you see fit.

Also, let me clarify something. Since several people want to flaunt there "knowledge" about this server.

SHANE does not OWN this shard. He simply hosts this server using the UO source code just likeevery other emulator out there including WoW and SWG. Under no circumstance does he ever state that he owns the source code to Ultima Online as that would warrant a massive lawsuit vs EA. Nor does he ever claim on the site to be charging money for gameplay as that would also invoke a lawsuit vs EA. All monetary values are earned through "Donations".

SHANE seems to be of sound enough mind not to make that kind of mistake.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Oh good God, semantics now, the last bastion of the defeated?

And as far as "intended mechanics", are you telling me that trapped pouches breaking paralyze are intended mechanics? Give me a break. Licensing just tripled for you imbeciles.

Also, let me clarify something. Since several people want to flaunt there "knowledge" about this server.

SHANE does not OWN this shard. He simply hosts this server using the UO source code just likeevery other emulator out there including WoW and SWG. Under no circumstance does he ever state that he owns the source code to Ultima Online as that would warrant a massive lawsuit vs EA. Nor does he ever claim on the site to be charging money for gameplay as that would also invoke a lawsuit vs EA. All monetary values are earned through "Donations".

SHANE seems to be of sound enough mind not to make that kind of mistake.

I don't recall anyone saying that Shane owns the Ultima Online source code.

And now you're just arguing semantics.

Wouldn't that be a pretty stupid thing to do? Edit a picture to make it look like the owner of the shard and forum said something he didn't, and then post that picture on said forum?

You are right, it would be pretty stupid. You must be young though because you should NEVER understimate a mans devotion to WIN

It could be edited. But I assure you, that's Shane, the actual owner of this shard.

you said that.

Thanks, I forget what I said.

After re-reading what I said several times I'm unable to find anywhere where I said anything about Shane owning the code for UO.

Shard = server....in case you were unaware of that.

I thought that was name calling and posting idiotic pictures.

My bad though since it is clear that you feel so self entitled that you own this server or perhaps donate more money than most we will just succumb to your opinion.

halygon

Grandmaster

And as far as "intended mechanics", are you telling me that trapped pouches breaking paralyze are intended mechanics? Give me a break. Licensing just tripled for you imbeciles.

Actually I would say that pouch popping are not originally intended mechanics, however unlike what you did, pouch popping BECAME an intended mechanic instead of an exploit of the Z axis bug. Legal, yes, but an intended gameplay mechanic no sir.

Actually I would say that pouch popping are not originally intended mechanics, however unlike what you did, pouch popping BECAME an intended mechanic instead of an exploit of the Z axis bug. Legal, yes, but an intended gameplay mechanic no sir.

good point!

wreckognize

Grandmaster
the real sad thing here is that ghosts are unable to control their boats. just makes it all easy mode tbh, i used to love the thrill of the chase. whereas here on UOF, boating is dummed down into ''person and friends make as many archers as possible and pile onto a single boat,'' on other servers, pirates are required to first block an enemies boat before they can wreak havok on it, and will typically use UOAM and coordinate attacks using multiple ships. Theres no reason to bother using skillful tactics here.

Boat system here is in dire need of a total makeover. if you don't want to boost these mediocre roleplayer pirates egos, just dont keep any loot on you, because they're the only ones out solo fishing with a crew of unattended BOT archers 24/7 and they've already paged enough times to dupe admins into changing normal boat dynamics to suit their style. Mind you they don't get as many free boats as they used to, since keys are blessed, but they still don't need that special talent required to be able to chase and block ships in order to get that loot either, which is what real UO pirates enjoy doing.

Blessed keys, ghosts can't control a ship, its all pretty lame. even the new cannon system sucked balls, since your goal is still the same. kill all crewmembers and then sit there for 10-15 mins shooting cannons as fast as possible to take it down, because theres no way you could possibly take down an enemys ship during a chase, it would take hours lol. Lets face it though, nobody really cares about the boat system anyways. UO oceans have continually been dry of activity save for a few unattended macroers since 1999 and any new boat content usually inspires only short lived desire to be on the open 2d sea. We're lucky to even have the ocean available, since it's about 20 times(?) the size of t2a and gives bad pvp/pvmers a place to hide from the rest of the population.

aIck

Grandmaster
the real sad thing here is that ghosts are unable to control their boats. just makes it all easy mode tbh, i used to love the thrill of the chase. whereas here on UOF, boating is dummed down into ''person and friends make as many archers as possible and pile onto a single boat,'' on other servers, pirates are required to first block an enemies boat before they can wreak havok on it, and will typically use UOAM and coordinate attacks using multiple ships. Theres no reason to bother using skillful tactics here.

Boat system here is in dire need of a total makeover. if you don't want to boost these mediocre roleplayer pirates egos, just dont keep any loot on you, because they're the only ones out solo fishing with a crew of unattended BOT archers 24/7 and they've already paged enough times to dupe admins into changing normal boat dynamics to suit their style. Mind you they don't get as many free boats as they used to, since keys are blessed, but they still don't need that special talent required to be able to chase and block ships in order to get that loot either, which is what real UO pirates enjoy doing.

Blessed keys, ghosts can't control a ship, its all pretty lame. even the new cannon system sucked balls, since your goal is still the same. kill all crewmembers and then sit there for 10-15 mins shooting cannons as fast as possible to take it down, because theres no way you could possibly take down an enemys ship during a chase, it would take hours lol. Lets face it though, nobody really cares about the boat system anyways. UO oceans have continually been dry of activity save for a few unattended macroers since 1999 and any new boat content usually inspires only short lived desire to be on the open 2d sea. We're lucky to even have the ocean available, since it's about 20 times(?) the size of t2a and gives bad pvp/pvmers a place to hide from the rest of the population.

Stop being so damn frustrated man.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Seems strange Most of the people Bitching in here about these pirates also seem to appear in B^Ws
"OFFICIAL SHIP LICENSING" posts as ghosts funny that.....