Blue Dread Lord/Lady

PescadoMojado

Apprentice
Is there a faster way to take a new char to dread (and stay blue) than what I'm currently doing?

Currently, I kill a bunch of (hopefully high noto) blues until I am Dread Lord, then macro off the redness. This however, takes a fucking long ass time. 24hours per kill !!! agh!

Is there any other way to drop my karma w/o going red?

milkyteat

Expert
You could kill a fuckton of people and buy a "kill count reset" from the gold sink vendor, given they are still available.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Lol I cheated too, but only because it was for my provo tamer who rarely takes counts.

All other characters are doing it the right way :)

mynameis

Adept
I agree do it the right way. Macroing or systematically getting a title is.. empty.

But if you're gonna do it, I like the 2nd acct rez kill thing. The higher the characters karma is, the more you'll lose.

Also I believe killing NPCs will make you lose more karma than anything else you can do with them (provo #2). From stratics:

Karma from killing NPC’s is highly variable, although those with highest titles (nobles, guildmasters, seekers of adventure, and harbor masters) generally lower karma more than anything previously mentioned. Males seem to have a greater affect than females.
Killing PC’s can sometimes have profound affect on one’s Karma. This is variable depending on one’s own karma as as compared to that of the victim’s. This may be the fastest method to drop karma, but it does cause a rise in the murder count.

Noble NPCs and Seekers of adventure probably best. But 2nd acct macro sounds like a winner.

PescadoMojado

Apprentice
I macro'd on my alt (glorious lord) and was dread lord in < 1 hour. Tho now I have to spend hours farming my karma back up on my glorious char haha.

To the guy who said "this is fucking lame"... really? It really matters to you how I get my noto title? That's what your worried about? The integrity of peopls noto titles on a 15 year old game run on a free shard full of cheaters and scammers and everything else, and me getting a noto title just for my own personal amusement bothers you so much? Get a life dude.

TwistedSix

Journeyman
I macro'd on my alt (glorious lord) and was dread lord in < 1 hour. Tho now I have to spend hours farming my karma back up on my glorious char haha.

To the guy who said "this is fucking lame"... really? It really matters to you how I get my noto title? That's what your worried about? The integrity of peopls noto titles on a 15 year old game run on a free shard full of cheaters and scammers and everything else, and me getting a noto title just for my own personal amusement bothers you so much? Get a life dude.
To be fair, stating that something is lame doesn't mean he cares... Not sure why you got so offended, but it is quite lame to macro for a title that should mean something. Does it mean I care if you macro it? Nope.. go right ahead lol...

PescadoMojado

Apprentice
To be fair, stating that something is lame doesn't mean he cares... Not sure why you got so offended, but it is quite lame to macro for a title that should mean something. Does it mean I care if you macro it? Nope.. go right ahead lol...
He cared enough to hit reply and type in that it was lame.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
My friend did the alt killing trick and got it in like 30 minutes or so. I've enjoyed watching my karma drop steadily over time; I never ran a dread before (did Outcast once which is the same level karma, though). I think when I hit dread I'll feel a sense of accomplishment, albeit a small and relatively insignificant one, but a sense of it nonetheless.

Yeah, though I'm not going to judge people who go after specific titles, I really enjoy how titles change too. With my first char ever, back in late nineties OSI, I suddenly noticed that I was Dastardly. Ever since I have loved the title Dastardly.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Dastardly was a favorite of mine, too, for the same reason, and subsequently Villainous. For the last several years I ran Renowned, though. I've never been a fan of the Lord titles, however; too pretentious for me.