Blacksmith BODS the real issue

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I have a 120, 115, and a 100 skill blacksmith. Each I've been gathering BODs on since before the V&V upgrade. Each one of my characters get these types of BODS (and NOTHING else). Normal Iron small or large BODs. Dull Copper/Exceptional and Shadow/Exceptional LARGE WEAPON BODS (Totally worthless since there are no colored small weapon BODs.) After waiting the 6 hour timer to get a new BOD just repeat the above again. If I could fill the bods and turn them in right away to get a new random BOD then sure this system would work... but it's not like that. Fix the BOD system. It has been almost worthless to have a 120 Blacksmith as far as BODS go. So @Carl, @Shane, and whoever else.... read.

Asmatu

Master
Agreed. At least the part on the colored weapon weapon BOD's.. They are incredibly annoying... Wait 6 hours to get a worthless trash BOD you immediately drop on the ground... :(

Would be supper awesome to get them removed, or even better yet, I dunno, add colored weapon BODs. More is better. lol

Messremb

Grandmaster
ya I have 2 suggestions right now.

Remove color LBOD for Weapons.
Lower the Drop rate on Iron BODs that are not part of large BODs. (I.E. Weapons, shields, and helmets)

I run 2 smiths 115 and 85 and I get 5-8 BS BODs a day. 95% of all BODs are Iron 10-20 exceptional (trash that will never be filled), and of the 95% probably 75% are Weapon BODs.

If the changed it so 66% of bods are iron, and only 50% of those are the "weapons, shields, and helmets" I think things would feel a lot better.

The fact is there is no Iron small BODs worth filling, and only 3 Iron large BODs worth filling. Lets get less Iron BODs!!!

Delvorin

Grandmaster
hmm, tbh, other than the colored lbods, I haven't seen much of a problem. I have one 115 BS and I usually get at least one colored bod a day or every other day. Sure, they aren't all high end, but in the last 3 weeks have gotten 2 bronze, 3 gold, and 1 agapite bod. Yeah, it's annoying to get iron bods after waiting 6 hours but colored bods aren't meant to be given all the time. I say just get rid of large colored weapon bods. Everything else is fine.

Abraxas

Neophyte
I think that Blacksmithy and Tailor Rewards are extremely unbalanced comparing them to one another. You can't really compare them to one another when it comes to what kind of BOD's you get every 6 hours because there is way more variety with Blacksmith BOD's. I've been collecting them forever it seems and still haven't seen them all. I'm only GM, but I only get the colored ones 10% of the time. Seems pretty weak.

Also see http://www.uoforum.com/threads/bods-dont-seem-worth-the-ingots.28270/#post-172365

illusion

Master
I agree. I'd like to see more colored ingot BODs for GM skill and a couple changes with the rewards:

Remove the lower end runic hammers and add some house deco items, or unique wearables, something like that. Also, is it just me or is the Artesian hammer really kindof pointless? Create a better "top end" item for the 6 20x LBODS.

Riverwind

Novice
They should turn off the 6 hour timer, as it would actually help the community.

!. More players mining = more interaction.
2. People can sell ingots or granite on their vendors.
3. It will help the economy as players will need to gather more gold to buy ingots if they don't want to mine.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
u guys wait 6 hours for bods?? that must suck!!!

my bod collecters get the same ones your getting every 3 lolz

Gedron

Master
I say make turning in a bod reset your bod timer to one hour(or something similar). That would help get rid of all the crap bods and help get more good ones out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk