Better BODs?

bradley-

Grandmaster
Just wanted to know if the chances for better BODs goes up with skill. I'm only concerned with 100 through 120 blacksmithing and tailoring. I asked in IRC and several people told me that it was better to stay at 100 blacksmith/tailoring for better BODs but thought I'd also ask on the forums to get more opinions.

I have a legendary smith & tailor already. The reason I am asking is because I want to put blacksmithy and tailoring on some mule characters for BOD running purposes.

Any insight?

:)

Fattson

Grandmaster
Just wanted to know if the chances for better BODs goes up with skill. I'm only concerned with 100 through 120 blacksmithing and tailoring. I asked in IRC and several people told me that it was better to stay at 100 blacksmith/tailoring for better BODs but thought I'd also ask on the forums to get more opinions.

I have a legendary smith & tailor already. The reason I am asking is because I want to put blacksmithy and tailoring on some mule characters for BOD running purposes.

Any insight?

:)
What I was running:
120 smith/tailor
100 smith/tailor
95 smith/85 tailor
92 smith/85 tailor

Current setup:
120 smith/tailor
120 smith/tailor
100 smith/85 tailor
100 smith/85 tailor

If anything, I'm pulling worse bods than I was at the original setup. But that could just be bad luck.

Opentun

Adept
Chances are higher at 120 to get exceptional and possibly higher bods i believe. Its all chance so your 80 smith can still get a 20 ex valorite plate LBOD but your chances with a 120 smith is better. Think @halygon can give more input.

Tynder

Master
I have been pulling absolute garbage on the regular since I started farming bods again for the past month or two. I have gotten mostly 20 exceptional iron weapons. In the past 100 or so pulls, I have gotten 3 colored bods, the best of which was a shadow 20 exceptional chain tunic. I am thinking higher skill just adds the better bods to the available pool that you have a chance to pull from, but doesn't seem to increase the chance of pulling a particular higher end bod. Of course, I am not familiar with the code, so I could just be talking out of my ass based on individual experience. For reference, my one and only bod gatherer is 120 blacksmith, 120 tailor.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

halygon

Grandmaster
At one time I thought higher skill added to exceptional bod chance however it has been confirmed that higher skill only increases the LBoD chance, which is obviously quite important.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I really feel like exceptional/non-exceptional chance is impacted by skill as well. My 100/100 pulls non-exc much more often than my 120/120. Why a 120/120 can pull a non-exc in the first place I'll never know but it happens much less with him.

Also 120 = BODs every 5 hrs instead of 6. Probably wouldn't add up to many more deeds but that's one confirmed difference between 120 and < 120.

halygon

Grandmaster
I really feel like exceptional/non-exceptional chance is impacted by skill as well. My 100/100 pulls non-exc much more often than my 120/120. Why a 120/120 can pull a non-exc in the first place I'll never know but it happens much less with him.

Also 120 = BODs every 5 hrs instead of 6. Probably wouldn't add up to many more deeds but that's one confirmed difference between 120 and < 120.
Honestly I feel the same, but the dev staff has only confirmed the hours and the LBoD increase up to this point.

Hyjinx

Neophyte

I didn't know about the 5 hour pull @ 120. That's an expensive incentive but worth it on at least 2 of my runners! Is there a confirmed Inc chance to pull Lbods as well at 120 or did I misread that @halygon?